Pre Match Millwall v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this as the perfect type of game for a player like Hammond or James to run the midfield. I don't feel it's the kind of match that Knockaert or King are going to thrive in very easily and so I'd make a change in centre mid. This is the part of the year where you need to utilise the depth of your squad and so I expect at least 2 or 3 changes for this game due to the type of fixture and the run of games. Hopefully we won't repeat the Sheffield Wednesday result and we can continue our excellent forward momentum and really stake a claim for a top 2 spot. Maintaining this gap to Derby is going to prove crucial.

I agree, I think these are the kind of games Hammond was signed for.

I'd maybe go for 4-3-3 with Knocky and Dyer either side of Nugent. Means Knocky can focus more on the attacking side rather than having to get stuck in in midfield... Could be GTF there instead of him though

Last edited:
I see this as the perfect type of game for a player like Hammond or James to run the midfield. I don't feel it's the kind of match that Knockaert or King are going to thrive in very easily and so I'd make a change in centre mid. This is the part of the year where you need to utilise the depth of your squad and so I expect at least 2 or 3 changes for this game due to the type of fixture and the run of games. Hopefully we won't repeat the Sheffield Wednesday result and we can continue our excellent forward momentum and really stake a claim for a top 2 spot. Maintaining this gap to Derby is going to prove crucial.

The FA Cup game is the one to make changes in, not this one. Make as may changes as possible against Stoke.

The FA Cup game is the one to make changes in, not this one. Make as may changes as possible against Stoke.

Yep, agree with that.

Field the strongest eleven today and then play the ressies in the FA Cup at the weekend.

Dogs of war required today. It's been an acid test for our ability on many occasions; recent history shows we haven't been good enough. However, when in League 1 the win at the Den was a massive step after a rough period and proved the squads mettle.

I'm glad in a way that neither of our old players Steve Claridge or Denis Wise have got the job before we played them today as I feel that would have worked in their favour. I reckon we should go for it today and smash them.

PS Has anyone else noticed that we are the ONLY team in the top 5 divisions that lead by more than 1 point.
This season every League seems to be so tight and no where is any team, even in the Premier League, looking like odds on Trophy winners

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570