MM plots back-to-back promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im quite sure we wont do a F****t next season. the effort they put into strengthening their team was terrible and stated they're ambition.

From what has been said already our preperation will be vastly different, or so I hope.

I don't think we'd have been relegated out of the championship with the current squad and management. Next season we'll hopefully be even stronger and will be sitting mid table at the very least.

As long as we don't become the next Charlton, Southampton or A.N.Other then that will at least be progress of sorts.
Funnily enough, Charlton and Southampton are both being described as "the next Leicester". What goes around...

Funnily enough, Charlton and Southampton are both being described as "the next Leicester". What goes around...

But hopefully we are now getting off this roundabout and going forward again.

Only problem is, when you get off a roundabout you have been on for a while you tend to stagger around aimlessly for a while until you get your bearings back.

I do currenty. However a few good signing well then maybe I will change my mind.

time to change it then

Milan Mandaric targets new signings for Leicester City

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric is poised to back manager Nigel Pearson to the extent of up to six new players for next season's Championship campaign.
mandaric-fr0809.jpg

The dust has not yet settled on City's League One title achievement, but already the club are preparing for the next level up.

Two on-loan men, Jack Hobbs and Wayne Brown, are permanent-deal targets already, but there looks like being more.

Mandaric said: “Now the hard work starts. We are already having strategy meetings and recognising the needs for more quality.

“We are looking for five or six players and we are having discussions along that plan with Nigel and his staff.

“One thing about the manager is that his judgement is spot-on, and I am very happy with that.
“We have a good base and we will give the current squad every opportunity to participate, and for that reason we are not going to bring in large numbers of players but be very selective.”

That is in contrast to last year when Martin Allen brought in 14 players, which proved too many to be integrated into the squad he inherited.

Next season will be geared to give City every chance of competing for that longed-for return to the Premier League, and Mandaric said: “The worst thing for me would be to predict that, but what our supporters must know is that the character of people like Nigel and myself is to be successful, and the way to do that is to go to the next promotion.”

Mandaric has been delighted with the level of support and said: “The fans have been great in sticking with us this season.

“It is their club really. It was here over a hundred years before I came and it will be here a hundred years after.

“I am very grateful for their incredible support after so many years of not being successful.”

I wish Milan would just keep quiet and let Nigel get on with things now, it was like this when Martin Allen was here - he kept coming out and announcing how many players we're going to sign. All he's doing is creating additional pressure needlessly.

Milan, if you're secretly a member of talking balls and are reading this, please take my advice: just take a holiday, enjoy this season's success and let Pearson do his thing - you don't need to talk about it every single day!

I can see it being 5/6 new players as well as Hobbs and Brown.

When all the loans finish and players out of contract leave, we will have no decent goalkeepers and no right backs - so that's 3 or 4 signings just for those two positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669