MM tells the BBC he might go back to Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9010934.stm

Former Pompey owner Milan Mandaric is considering a dramatic return to Fratton Park once he leaves his current post as chairman of Leicester City.
According to Mandaric, a Thai-led consortium is now just days away from completing its purchase of the Foxes.
The 72-year-old will then continue as chairman but only on an interim basis.
"I'm still chairman here but there's no secret about how much I love Pompey and I think I have another round left in me," Mandaric told BBC Sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9010934.stm

Former Pompey owner Milan Mandaric is considering a dramatic return to Fratton Park once he leaves his current post as chairman of Leicester City.
According to Mandaric, a Thai-led consortium is now just days away from completing its purchase of the Foxes.
The 72-year-old will then continue as chairman but only on an interim basis.
"I'm still chairman here but there's no secret about how much I love Pompey and I think I have another round left in me," Mandaric told BBC Sport.

Is that a new quote from MM or have they just recycled what he said a few weeks ago?

Thank **** we can finally get rid of him.

Thank **** we can finally get rid of him.

Indeed

We much prefer our completely unknown (and in some cases unnamed) dubious far eastern johnnies who have never been involved in English football in their lives

Feck off, Milan, you dirty no-good bastard

Do you think the new owners will be any better?

Tbh, Jeff, they could well be, but I'm so sick to back teeth of Mandaric now, that I'm just happy to see him going.

Do you think the new owners will be any better?

Better? Who knows? Probably not, but there's more than a handful who are sick of the shit soundbites, over-egged claims and empty promises.

Like Thatcher, he wasn't all bad and probably gave the club something it needed at the time, a good kick up the arse...but that was relegation and I don't remember him promising that.

The days of cuddly local owners has gone - the soul of football hasn't been sold, it's been sent out onto a street corner to earn what it can for crack. It's time for the next seedy lowbred to earn my disrespect.

Better? Who knows? Probably not, but there's more than a handful who are sick of the shit soundbites, over-egged claims and empty promises.

Like Thatcher, he wasn't all bad and probably gave the club something it needed at the time,
a good kick up the arse...but that was relegation and I don't remember him promising that.

The days of cuddly local owners has gone - the soul of football hasn't been sold, it's been sent out onto a street corner to earn what it can for crack. It's time for the next seedy lowbred to earn my disrespect.

As far as I can tell we are no better off now than when he came in, and we are probably in more debt too.

Last edited:
So he was just reiterating what he said a few weeks ago. It's still not "new" news.

Agreed, much of what was said during the conversation (alot more than seems to have been published) was perhaps new to a national audience, but had already appeared in the local media a while back

MM was very guarded about the potential of returning to Pompey, but if he is pursuing that, he obviously can't be part of the new consortium as has previously been stated in the media

Like Thatcher, he wasn't all bad and probably gave the club something it needed at the time, a good kick up the arse...but that was relegation and I don't remember him promising that.

Eugghh.

As far as I can tell we are no better off now than when he came in

Sorry?:102:

As much as it pains me to point out what the Romans have done for us:

The club was in abject free-fall and we had a team of morons managed by an utter twat. The drinking club culture was dominant and there was no strength of spirit. There was no spending, the marketing was carried out by an incompetent bitch and (to potential buyers) we were as attractive as a Geordie whore with herpes going out on the lash in the Bigg Market. I, as many, arrived at 3pm annihilated from the pub session to anaesthetise me from the ensuing 90 minutes. Others (pre-shoewaving) simply shouting something ending with 'uuuuuume'. A more miserable time in the history of the club I can't recall.

But, aside from that, we are no better off now than before he came in.:icon_bigg

Oh, oh well said that man!! :038:

Sorry?:102:

As much as it pains me to point out what the Romans have done for us:

The club was in abject free-fall and we had a team of morons managed by an utter twat. The drinking club culture was dominant and there was no strength of spirit. There was no spending, the marketing was carried out by an incompetent bitch and (to potential buyers) we were as attractive as a Geordie whore with herpes going out on the lash in the Bigg Market. I, as many, arrived at 3pm annihilated from the pub session to anaesthetise me from the ensuing 90 minutes. Others (pre-shoewaving) simply shouting something ending with 'uuuuuume'. A more miserable time in the history of the club I can't recall.

But, aside from that, we are no better off now than before he came in.:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669