MM tells the BBC he might go back to Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree alex. None of us have any idea what we've been left with. Apparently that's just fine with most of our supporters too though.

His record of passing on Pompey to a kid using his Dad's money until he got bored doesn't bode well. As I've mentioned before, if you type 'King Power' and 'corruption' into google, it gives you an idea of what we're in line for in the coming years.

I have no faith in Mandy making a decision to sell in the best interests of the club. Despite him making ridiculous claims that he's staying on as part of the consortium and to advise and support the new investors, he only motivation (as it has been since day one) is to make his money and get out.

I'd also wager that he's also ensured that the debts owed to him are paid in full and he will make a profit on his investment in the club at the expense of the clubs books. As usual, he will say something completely different.

All we can hope for is that the new owners are genuine and don't rack up further debts in the clubs name. Are we really that lucky though?

We're already way beyond being able to survive without a sugar daddy guaranteeing loans and debts. I think the chances are that the new people will play with the club for a bit and then look to pass it on. It will then need to go to someone even richer to be able to manage the increasing debt. And so it goes on until it goes bang - just like at Pompey. And don't forget, even the Premier League fortunes didn't save them.

And yet you want us to chase him out of town. What an odd viewpoint to take.

I think this has been on the cards for a while and poor old Nigel Pearson was sacrificed because of it.

If a player or manager was touting himself to another club whilst at our club, we'd go bananas. DJ for example?

However, Mad Mandy can apparently do no wrong with supporters of this club. Some of the main differences in the four years since he took over the club?

* Approx £30m of debt that wasn't there before.
* The record for our worst season ever.
* A constant, inept and embarrassing merry-go-round of managers with one lucky exception.
* A considerably higher wage bill.
* A far less supporter friendly staff.
* Hugely inflated matchday ticket prices.
* Two years spent whoring the club around the world to anyone willing to pay him his money back, irrespective of their good for the club.
* Players bought by him due to links with their dodgy Agents.

The sooner he fecks off the better. And any supporters with an ounce of respect for their club should chase him out of the club and down to Pompey with immediate effect. Every minute he remains associated with the club is another minute spent feathering his own nest.

And your point is....... of course MM acted in his own best interests andwhy shouldn't he? And of course the club - along with many others - has an ownership detached from local ownership/ traditions.

But what were and are the alternatives?

And your point is....... of course MM acted in his own best interests andwhy shouldn't he? And of course the club - along with many others - has an ownership detached from local ownership/ traditions.

There were and are none, but he will still labour his point over and over. And over.

I may be weird, but I quite enjoyed MM coming to our club, if for nothing more than the fact that it was interesting.

We were clearly stuck in a rut and I was bored of mid-table obscurity and a manager who was clearly never going to achieve better, and whome we couldn't afford to get rid off. Clearly I was as gutted as the next person on relegation, but we're back now, and I enjoy the misplaced optimism I had and have that we'll spend £10m on players; it keeps it interesting.

The lack of alternatives does not mean we cannot criticise the job he did here though.

If the option is to kill someone or be killed, you still end up killing someone, despite the lack of alternatives.

Last edited:

I don't believe in living beyond your means. When Mandy took over, we were already in debt. However, this debt was fairly normal for a Championship club and manageable. We were living in the real world and I much preferred and respected that.

Mandy increased the cost of running the club by circa £10m a year and lumped that debt onto the club. This means that we can't now be run properly. We have to be owned by rich loons to survive. If the rich loon departs, we go bust. A simple equation that is scandalous.

We're far from alone in being abused like this, but it doesn't mean we should just accept it as inevitable, because it isn't.

People who support Mandy have to point to anything that demonstrates that £30m+ in added debt has been worthwhile. Four years on, we're not really any better off than we were meandering along under Rob Kelly.

Last edited:
Well, I, for one, will say thank you Milan!

For all the carping, may I remind people that there was not exactly a queue to buy City before MM came in and now that it looks as if he is leaving, we have the hope of even wealthier owners. I really do not know what some of you expect! :102:

I don't believe in living beyond your means. When Mandy took over, we were already in debt. However, this debt was fairly normal for a Championship club and manageable. We were living in the real world and I much preferred and respected that.

Mandy increased the cost of running the club by circa £10m a year and lumped that debt onto the club. This means that we can't now be run properly. We have to be owned by rich loons to survive. If the rich loon departs, we go bust. A simple equation that is scandalous.

We're far from alone in being abused like this, but it doesn't mean we should just accept it as inevitable, because it isn't.

People who support Mandy have to point to anything that demonstrates that £30m+ in added debt has been worthwhile. Four years on, we're not really any better off than we were meandering along under Rob Kelly.

:038::038::038::038:

Great post, agree with everything said. I for one will not be sad to Mandaric piss off back to Portsmouth. :098:

He took us to the third tier of English football for the first time in our history, constant meddling in team affairs, always had to have a headline in the press with numerous big promises that were left un-fulfilled and made a mockery of the club with the constant manager merry-go-round. He also managed to push out the best manager we've had in the last 10 years out of the club, whilst leaving us with higher ticket prices and a greater debt than before he arrived.

It is blatantly obvious that the reason why he came here in the first place was to make a quick buck before flogging us off which was apparent by the way he was frantically scouring the globe to find anybody that would buy the club to give him a return on his investment at the earliest opportunity.

I just hope that he hasn't left us with people who are less capabale and more underhanded than he was, as it will only be us the fans who will suffer. Only time will tell...

Well, I, for one, will say thank you Milan!

For all the carping, may I remind people that there was not exactly a queue to buy City before MM came in and now that it looks as if he is leaving, we have the hope of even wealthier owners. I really do not know what some of you expect! :102:

You appear to equate 'wealthier' with 'better'. There is not one shred of evidence to suggest that will be so.

You appear to equate 'wealthier' with 'better'. There is not one shred of evidence to suggest that will be so.

In the current climate, that is all one can do.

I have to say that the pious outpouring of those who want Leicester to be sensible and not get into debt but, should we not challenge for the Premiership, then manager, chairman et al should be sacked, is rather amusing.

Upon another thread, we discussed, "Should football be entertaining?" and the consensus was, that winning is all. Can we have a bit of consistency please?

Upon another thread, we discussed, "Should football be entertaining?" and the consensus was, that winning is all. Can we have a bit of consistency please?

One conversation is about your reaction to what goes on on the pitch - the other is about how the club conducts its affairs off it

Quite why you think these two matters are exactly the same is quite baffling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670