MM tells the BBC he might go back to Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour on the South Coast suggest he's talking to Pompey's administrator tomorrow.

More than a rumour

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6390712,00.html

Andronikou also confirmed that he will meet Leicester
spacer.gif
chairman Milan
spacer.gif
Mandaric,
spacer.gif
who sold the club to Sacha Gaydamak in 2006, prior to their Carling Cup game on Tuesday night.
"We are there to talk football, that's all." says Andronikou. "Anything else is up to Milan."

As I recall when he took over we were struggling in the championship with a manager who was clearly out of his depth.

Now he's on his way out we are struggling in the championship etc etc.

Distance travelled in football terms = nil.

However, when he arrived we were struggling to afford to bring in player from the bottom reached of the football league. Now although we have massive debts our buying power enables us to acquire a range of foreign players who we had previously never heard of....and to spend £2m or possibly more with add ons on Waghorn.

Is that progress :102:

Is that progress :102:

Exactly! I'd much rather have us not being able to buy big name players and be in debt, than not being in debt but not spending much.

The latter option is far more sustainable in the long term. It may take four or five years to see it, but if we don't get promoted anytime soon, Milan's reckless spending will see us in deep, deep shite, far deeper and far shiteier than if we didn't want to spend £2mil on one player.

Honestly, I can't get my head round why people are happy to see us rack up such huge debt for nothing, as we are in exactly the same position we were when he took over. The fact we are spending big money on players is NOT a good thing in fact it could end up being a very, VERY bad thing, unless we get promoted in the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Thats it MM, free ride down on the team bus tomorrow, do the deal, then the old **** will get another free ride on Friday, where he will be unveiled.

No he won't, the squad is staying in Portsmouth between the two fixtures.

MM was on Talksport this morning. Alan Brazil (rather scripted) said : "You're not going to Portsmouth are you Milan, Leicester is your club..."
Milan answered that he was still chairman of LCFC....

Read of it what you will. Only you, Homer, could ever read that.

Exactly! I'd much rather have us not being able to buy big name players and be in debt, than not being in debt but not spending much.

The latter option is far more sustainable in the long term. It may take four or five years to see it, but if we don't get promoted anytime soon, Milan's reckless spending will see us in deep, deep shite, far deeper and far shiteier than if we didn't want to spend £2mil on one player.

Honestly, I can't get my head round why people are happy to see us rack up such huge debt for nothing, as we are in exactly the same position we were when he took over. The fact we are spending big money on players is NOT a good thing in fact it could end up being a very, VERY bad thing, unless we get promoted in the next couple of years.

Quite.

What happens if we run out of owners prepared to service the debt?

Quite.

What happens if we run out of owners prepared to service the debt?

Administration, slash the wage bill and skip paying Inland Revenue - resulting in us having a similar squad, playing the same football in the same division.

It's all bollocks.

Have Pompey gone out of business? Cardiff? Nah. Football is corrupt and run by morons who aren't able to manage an umbrella shop in the Lake District. But prices will continue to go up as we are all told to get behind the team - and like sheep we let them. (If sheep had pockets and wallets and jobs and money and stuff).

So let's go for it - let's rack up a debt that Greece would be proud of. Let's spend, spend, spend like pools winners and 'live the dream'[tm]. Let's buy Messi on tick.

Administration, slash the wage bill and skip paying Inland Revenue - resulting in us having a similar squad, playing the same football in the same division.

It's all bollocks.

Have Pompey gone out of business? Cardiff? Nah. Football is corrupt and run by morons who aren't able to manage an umbrella shop in the Lake District. But prices will continue to go up as we are all told to get behind the team - and like sheep we let them. (If sheep had pockets and wallets and jobs and money and stuff).

So let's go for it - let's rack up a debt that Greece would be proud of. Let's spend, spend, spend like pools winners and 'live the dream'[tm]. Let's buy Messi on tick.
Are you Gordon Brown?

Were you saying that at the time? When we couldn't even afford Joey?

i was talking to a lad i know who works down city and he said the new 3rd owner was ther(lcfc vs qpr) and he was the 18th richest in the world , he seemed deadly serious anyone else heard this

i was talking to a lad i know who works down city and he said the new 3rd owner was ther(lcfc vs qpr) and he was the 18th richest in the world , he seemed deadly serious anyone else heard this

Several people have already posted the thing about the 18th richest man in the world. It's probably a load of bollocks though, like most of the rumours that get posted.

No. Nobody here has ever heard this before. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Thats what we like to call a 'SCOOP!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670