Moan-in thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
Except Tommy Cooper was funny.
I know this true story about Tommy cooper.

He was getting a taxi from A-B. When he got out at the other end he placed something in the top breast pocket of the driver. He then patted it and said to the fiver "Have a drink on me", when the driver got home, he got it out his pocket and it was T bag. Great story and shows that he wanted to make people laugh both on and off the stage.

I also saw an interview with him. He was on holiday in Morocco and he tried a fez on from a market stall.

The stall holder said "just like that" and did the hand movements. Tommy Cooper laughed and the stallholder explained that he didn't know what it meant but that TC was the only English/British person ever to try on a fez without saying "just like that"

Great comedian, great bloke

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
I know this true story about Tommy cooper.

He was getting a taxi from A-B. When he got out at the other end he placed something in the top breast pocket of the driver. He then patted it and said to the fiver "Have a drink on me", when the driver got home, he got it out his pocket and it was T bag. Great story and shows that he wanted to make people laugh both on and off the stage.

I also saw an interview with him. He was on holiday in Morocco and he tried a fez on from a market stall.

The stall holder said "just like that" and did the hand movements. Tommy Cooper laughed and the stallholder explained that he didn't know what it meant but that TC was the only English/British person ever to try on a fez without saying "just like that"

Great comedian, great bloke

The best Toomy Cooper story I heard is that when he was on National Service he fell asleep during sentry duty, he heard the stomp of the Sergeants boots but didn't open his eyes. The Sergeant bawled at him, asking him what the feck he was doing, Tommy just opened his eyes and said "amen".

Ox Fox said:
The best Toomy Cooper story I heard is that when he was on National Service he fell asleep during sentry duty, he heard the stomp of the Sergeants boots but didn't open his eyes. The Sergeant bawled at him, asking him what the feck he was doing, Tommy just opened his eyes and said "amen".

i remember that one pure class and it was true too :icon_lol:

tommy_cooper.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675