Moment of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

What's your moment of 2010 supporting City?

Despite a ok twelve months, it's ultimately been one of the disappointment.

However, going 3-2 up at Cardiff was sheer footballing cum-in-your pantsness.

Shame it's been downhill since.

C'mon folk what are your highlights?

Driving around the countryside of Leicestershire during the Cardiff away leg as I couldn't bare to watch. Unfortunately I accidentally found out we were 2-1 up. This led to more manic driving around the countryside trying to stay as far away from civilisation as possible in order not to be able to gauge what was going on.

Parked up and allowed time for extra time and penalties before making my way home.
Never had a more gut wrenching moment in relation to football than when I was driving home I saw people coming out of a pub on Welford Road in tears, I knew we'd lost and could barely drive home.

Not a nice moment but the stand out one of the year for me.

Preston away last season, sealing the playoff place. The whole game, stood up, singing, shouting and when we finally got that goal the whole end went mental.

Best away game I can remember for me.

Those three goals in Cardiff... that third goal was the best moment for a good few years as a Leicester fan- everything was within touching distance right then....

I cried:icon_redf

And then I cried angry tears soon afterwards, and almost told a very good mate to shove it where the sun don't shine when she was stupid enough to send me a text gloating about the result a few mins after the final whistle.
I was still very mean with the text I sent her back hoping her little lad cried his eyes out at Wembley when they lost:icon_roll

winning 1-2 away at blackpool (living there it was mega important), shame they went up not us tho (i was dreading playing them at wembley)

when I was driving home I saw people coming out of a pub on Welford Road in tears, I knew we'd lost and could barely drive home.

Cheers, mate! Just had me welling up at the thought of being a car park in Cardiff wanting to either kick the **** out of something soft or cry like a kid at the Swindon play/off final.

King goal at Cardiff. At that moment we had it won. Shame Alex Bruce and Yann Kermorgant had other ideas.

And Weale for not saving any of their spot kicks.......
And Waghorn for not scoring his( harsh I know but might as well!)
I think you know that they don't deserve anywhere near the same level of blame! YK and AB actively harmed our chances by doing stupid things entirely within their own control. NP has to take some too for fielding Solano at right back when he could plainly see the guy couldn't play there.

I think I nearly ended up two rows in front when we scored the third at Cardiff. That was the best moment of the season, soon to be followed by the worst.

I am welling up remembering it all, soft sap that I am.

I think you know that they don't deserve anywhere near the same level of blame! YK and AB actively harmed our chances by doing stupid things entirely within their own control. NP has to take some too for fielding Solano at right back when he could plainly see the guy couldn't play there.

I never said how much blame certain folk should carry :icon_razz

I think I nearly ended up two rows in front when we scored the third at Cardiff. That was the best moment of the season, soon to be followed by the worst.

I am welling up remembering it all, soft sap that I am.

after today I'm not going to think about that night again, 2010 will be done with!

sniffle:icon_sad:

Lots of high spots for me (despite all the gloom and doom around) ... Beating Forest at home twice. Two 5-1 wins, Andy King's goal at Cardiff. Sven being appointed manager (that still seems slightly surreal).

Seeing an old bloke go arse over tit on the ice after the Boxing Day game against Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669