Money Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with the option of the education fund... take the money in some form!!!

I already own a house, i'm getting a decent chunk of equity back for it. We are upgrading to a bigger one.

I don't want to feel indebted to them at all.

I said to my missus if he is so intent on giving away that much money then he can stick it in the bank and pay for our kids education when the time comes.

Seriously Drew - put yourself in his position

Wouldn't you want to do the same thing for your daughter if you were able to do so ?

Take the money as long as there are no strings. The money you get for your old house can go towards any redecorating etc that needs to be done, and you can save some for your kids education when the time comes.

Wouldn't you want to do the same thing for your daughter if you were able to do so ?

Very valid point.

People will find anything to moan about :icon_lol: Someones trying to give me thousands of pounds, what a nightmare :icon_roll:)

I don't think there will be intentionally strings, i'm not a family person and don't want to feel like i have to go round all of the time or entertain them.

I'm guessing it's not the giving the money that's important to him, it's the act/gesture of buying a house for his Daughter.

Millions of people all around the world would kill to be in your position Drew, don't be guilty of appearing ungrateful to him, or prohibiting him helping his Daughter when he has for the rest of the siblings.

Take the ****ing money and be bought, you know it makes sense.

If he wants to do something for his Daughter then why not just give her the money and let her decide what she wants to do with it,she may want to use it for something else rather than buying a house.

I don't think there will be intentionally strings, i'm not a family person and don't want to feel like i have to go round all of the time or entertain them.

Feck and I thought I was the only one like that:icon_conf

But what if your daughter didn't want it? Would you feel offended or understand

If my daughter didn't need/want the money i'd gracefully accept that.

I shouldn't be made to feel bad for not accepting it.(i don't mean by you guys)

We don't need the money. I've worked hard to be able to afford the houses we are going after, we don't need the helping hand.

Basically i'm a proud person, i know if we buy a place with his money everytime i come home i feel like it isnt fully my house.

Last edited:
Another thing:

What if the unthinkable happens and you and your girlfriend split up? Your girlfriend would surely get the house because her dad has paid for it so you will be right up shit creek without a paddle.

Buy the house yourself, but still take the money and save it.

sounds like youve made your mind up drew...what does your other half think to the offer

If my daughter didn't need/want the money i'd gracefully accept that.

I shouldn't be made to feel bad for not accepting it.(i don't mean by you guys)

We don't need the money. I've worked hard to be able to afford the houses we are going after, we don't need the helping hand.

Basically i'm a proud person, i know if we buy a place with his money everytime i come home i feel like it isnt fully my house.

You feel you would lose your Independence ? I'm the same,I won't accept handouts and would rather struggle than go Cap in hand:102:

As long you don't have to perform 'special favours' at Christmas and/or Fathers Day then take the cash

Even then, it might be worth it depending on how much money we are talking about......

I think we're getting to the crux of the matter here, you'd gladly take what's on offer as long as you don't have to invite him in if he calls around.

Reasonable concern if you ask me.

Apart from very clsoe familty, I am like that. Fecking hate going to extended family parties or BBQ's.

I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters.I now talk to just one of the six, the rest I wouldn't know if I was sitting next to on a train.

Of course I'd understand !

But I'd still make the offer

I knew the answer really homer,you always come across on here has an understanding person,always keen to hear the other side of the argument and prepared to change your opinion...

I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters.I now talk to just one of the six, the rest I wouldn't know if I was sitting next to on a train.

I bet they'd recognise you though, and would probably hide in the toilets for the entire journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669