More bullshit from Lee Hoos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoos bullshitting us? might be a better title, as it is slightly concerning that this area of playing policy has any input from him at all other than to point out the costs. Another Barry Pierpoint?

It's not necessarily the lack of reserve league involvement that bugs me, it's the nagging feeling that 18 year old footballers with some talent graduate the Academy and then don't develop further on loan in the lower leagues or wherever and are inevitably chucked out at 20. Realistically only 1 in 15 have any chance of making the grade, but I'd rather the effort put in to support our players, than (as he admits later) doing that job for Prem clubs' rookie defenders.

Perhaps Sven will endorse what Hoos is saying later in the day/week/month.

Perhaps not...

Whatever the pros and cons of reserve teams I certainly believe in our loaning players out. One of the best Leicester reserve team players I ever saw was called David Tomlin. For a couple of seasons he was a brilliant reserve left winger kept out of the team by the brilliant first team winger Lenny Glover. Then Glover was injured and Tomlin got his cghance and seemed to freeze. Fans claimed he was not trying which was a silly suggestion in his big chance. Playing first team football at a lower division where it really mattered and there was real tension might have saved his career.

For years Carl jayes seemed an excellent goalkeeper but with no chance of displacing arguably the best goalkeeper in the world Peter Shilton. When Jayes got his chance he seemed a bag of nerves and Jimmy Bloomfield brought in Mark Wallington who had first team experience in a lower division.

I do not believe that loans between teams in the same division should be allowed but otherwise the loan system seems to me an excellent way of developing young players. It also allows managers to decide whether to buy experienced players or in the case of Roman Bednar not.

I'm not questioning the loaning of young players, I just don't see why it can't be done in conjunction with a reserve league. And the reasons given aren't really good enough.

Perhaps Sven will endorse what Hoos is saying later in the day/week/month.

Perhaps not...

He would, Sven & Faz were asked about this at the Q & A the club held, & neither were in favour of joining a reserve league, preferring the flexability of friendlies where they can play trailists.

Sven said he preferred the set up in other countries with an U21 League (although you could play up to 6 over age players), which would look much like our reserve team anyway

Last edited:
Watching a small piece in the news just now about Barcelona's youth academy and they clearly feel it is a very important part of their set up.

They're the fourth best team in the Spanish equivalent of the Championship!

When I went for a tour around Camp Nou they showed us the youth/b team stadium and at the time it had a bigger capacity than our first team stadium, we were in Filbo then, though, so that may have changed.

They're the fourth best team in the Spanish equivalent of the Championship!

Watching a small piece in the news just now about Barcelona's youth academy and they clearly feel it is a very important part of their set up.

It's not the youth team though. It's the B team and there's a lot of journeymen with in the team alongside their youth products.

Look
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Soriano
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Carmona_Bonet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristian_Tello
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armando_Lozano

**** off Hoos you useless piece of shit! Time we had a new Chief Executive I think!

**** off Hoos you useless piece of shit! Time we had a new Chief Executive I think!

Irrespective of the mental state of the particular poster quoted, I always wonder about this sort of random hatred. On and off the field, the club are currently experiencing their best time in a decade... so we should sack the people behind that? Great idea!

Irrespective of the mental state of the particular poster quoted, I always wonder about this sort of random hatred. On and off the field, the club are currently experiencing their best time in a decade... so we should sack the people behind that? Great idea!
I would be intrigued to read the psychologists report on superspout. Currently there is a great deal of evidence that could well see him/her sectioned.

I would be intrigued to read the psychologists report on superspout. Currently there is a great deal of evidence that could well see him/her sectioned.

Where did his thread about Andy King going to Greece go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669