More religion bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Dawkins is a twat, and proved that fundamentalist athiests can be just as annoying as fundamentalist religious types. However, he's not likely to kill others or go on about how gays and single parents are the spawn of satan and should be hung.

There's no such thing as fundamentalist atheism. Dawkins is a scientist, and as such would be more than happy to accept evidence in support of a god. Sadly, there is literally none available to anyone anywhere.

Fortunately, I don't need to do better. Genesis explicitly states that those who work on the Sabbath should be killed.

Not disagreeing with anything you've said, but I'm pretty sure that's in Leviticus, not Genesis. :icon_wink

I'd have Christianity down as MicroSoft, Islam is more like Apple
If you're referring to the challenge that MicroSoft is facing, and it's perceived declining position, I don't think they've fallen as far as the C of E has. After all, you dont see big red thermometers outside Silicon Valley do you?
Perhaps Citibank would be a better comparison.

This isn't a list of atheists, it's intended a list of people who do not or did not blindly believe whatever was told them (which, let's be honest, is what we were talking about). So tell me, where have I erred?

Richard Dawkins, the most accomplished and respected evolutionary biologist of our time? You're right, he's an idiot :icon_bigg

Newton was obsessed with the bible, Wilde converted to Roman Catholicism...

Dawkins is scarcely an accomplished evolutionary biologist. As far as I can see, he hasn't done any research from about 1980 and the selfish gene argument isn't widely held among biologists today. Probably by less than the 7% who believe in a personal god.

Dawkins is scarcely an accomplished evolutionary biologist. As far as I can see, he hasn't done any research from about 1980 and the selfish gene argument isn't widely held among biologists today. Probably by less than the 7% who believe in a personal god.

I think you will find he actually likes Buble as in Micheal Buble the singer. Its something you will get used to.

I don't know why I put Newton in there. Apologies. :icon_roll

Would this be the same Oscar Wilde who said "When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it." And I hardly think a deathbed conversion affected his behaviour in the previous 46 years. Do you?

Dawkins is scarcely an accomplished evolutionary biologist. As far as I can see, he hasn't done any research from about 1980 and the selfish gene argument isn't widely held among biologists today

utter bollocks and pure opinion

the research for The Ancestor's Tale (a book which maps every species on earth) must have been years

and the selfish gene theory? for a start...get your facts straight The Selfish Gene is a book endorsing gene-centered evolution...a theory not invented but advocated by Dawkins

there are plenty of advocates of gene-centered evolution, it makes testable theories

it has it's distractors....sure...most recent theories do...but it will only be refined in the same was relativity didn't destory Newtonian physics

gene-centered evolution is widely accepted

have by any chance read any of the books? or studied science at uni?

the research for The Ancestor's Tale (a book which maps every species on earth) must have been years

and the selfish gene theory? for a start...get your facts straight The Selfish Gene is a book endorsing gene-centered evolution...a theory not invented but advocated by Dawkins

there are plenty of advocates of gene-centered evolution, it makes testable theories

it has it's distractors....sure...most recent theories do...but it will only be refined in the same was relativity didn't destory Newtonian physics

Yeah, what he said.

I've just read the Selfish Gene and the Ancestor's Tale, seemed to make sense to me. But then, I'm not a biologist.

I think the research for Ancestors was done by a researcher for Dawkins. And that the work of Margulis is pretty much the orthodoxy among evolutionary biologists. But hey, Dawkins is much more popular among the general public. So it's odd that you should ask if I've read the books or studied science at Uni - although the answer to both is yes.

So do you really think all the Irish terrorists would have killed as many people if it wasn't for religion?

You've mentioned this a couple of times, and I notice that Macky hasn't commented.

The fact is that the troubles in N. Ireland were between nationalists and loyalists, It's just a coincidence that the nationalists are mainly catholic and the loyalists are mainly protestant. There are also people of both faiths who wouldn't describe themselves as either.

I think the research for Ancestors was done by a researcher for Dawkins. And that the work of Margulis is pretty much the orthodoxy among evolutionary biologists. But hey, Dawkins is much more popular among the general public. So it's odd that you should ask if I've read the books or studied science at Uni - although the answer to both is yes.

there was some chinese bloke actually now i think about it

but saying he doesn't research is like saying Lewis Hamilton doesn't change his wheels any more

You've mentioned this a couple of times, and I notice that Macky hasn't commented.

That's because Macky is mad busy working, but the vampire, penguin bitch is just after leaving.

The fact is that the troubles in N. Ireland were between nationalists and loyalists, It's just a coincidence that the nationalists are mainly catholic and the loyalists are mainly protestant. There are also people of both faiths who wouldn't describe themselves as either.

Far from a coincidence, it's a historical legacy that under-pinned the troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669