More words from Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Manager Speaks
Posted on: Wed 11 Jul 2007

Apologies for being a bit late, but I have had a couple of important issues that I am trying to resolve regarding player recruitment.

The games today against Kettering Town and Rushden and Diamonds went very well. We have picked up a few minor knocks, but nothing serious.

The scores in the games today really don't matter. It was getting everybody out in the middle, giving everybody the chance to play and giving me the opportunity, with Whit, to get a feel for it.

After all those weeks it certainly gets the juices going, even when they are only just training games. That little buzz of excitement that you get in competitive competition is magic and it just wets the appetite for more.

I am delighted that John Griffin has joined my backroom team. He is only part-time, but he will be working and scouting London at Premiership Reserve team level and also Academy level for the coming season. He also has loads of contacts in non-league level and he was the man that persuaded me to sign a player for £5,000 and sell him six months later for 550% profit, which must be close to a world record!

He is a good scout, a good man and maybe he'll find me another diamond.

Best Wishes,

Martin

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1071762,00.html

Not much of interest really... the scores not mattering in the games probably means we lost though ;)

The first paragraph is the good bit though, I'm assuming thats DJ and Clem.

Nice to see the scouting network expanded again, especially to look at others youth teams. By the sounds of it, that scout is the one who found him Campbell the first time around! :)

Last edited:
Good news. He should be surrounding himself with people who he feels can and will deliver for him.

I also like the little tease at the beginning re. player recruitment.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1071762,00.html

Not much of interest really... the scores not mattering in the games probably means we lost though ;)

The first paragraph is the good bit though, I'm assuming thats DJ and Clem.

Nice to see the scouting network expanded again, especially to look at others youth teams. By the sounds of it, that scout is the one who found him Campbell the first time around! :)

Not necessarily - 550% profit means that he made £27,500, so he sold whoever it was for £32,500. Not quite as dramatic as 550% profit though. Unless he means he sold him for 550 times as much, which would mean £2.75m...

Yet again people appear to be pleased with:

Some players are injured and we aren't in a position to be happy about the goalscoring or defending, so I'll keep schtum

I'm glad we're getting behind the Manager, it's what real fans are all about

Some players are injured and we aren't in a position to be happy about the goalscoring or defending, so I'll keep schtum

Apparently we actually won the game 4-1. ;) But he's right... the score in a training game where you play 3 periods and every player in the squad is involved really doesn't matter.

He can say what he likes as long as they put performances in when the season starts. What he says now is all balls and bluster.

Yet again some people seem to be a bit critical about something that isn't even there. If this were the last game before the season started I would share your sentiments, but in a closed doors game playing all the players over three, thirty minute periods. :102:

These little blogs from MA are complete drivel, they read like Janet and John books. The funniest being how he inspired the players with cheap confectionairy and disposable bbq's!!

These little blogs from MA are complete drivel, they read like Janet and John books. The funniest being how he inspired the players with cheap confectionairy and disposable bbq's!!

So you would rather him say that they have worked really hard in training this week and that all the new signings are a smashing bunch of lads?? :icon_roll

Some people......

M17TT - i think you forget the mentality of the average footballer. MOst have a porr education and have simply paid a game for the whole of their lives - in my experience, they mostly have a childish/teenager mentality and as such stupid games and mars bars will work a treat.

I like Allens little updates, we get hints that deals are forthcoming and we get an insight into his mentality. I dont doubt for a second that they aren't doctored a little, but to my mind they give a good rough impression. PLus, compared to the usual non-existent news we get in the summer - this is much much better.

Should the post titles be Martins Words - Wed 11th etc so we know which ones, because we may have read them elsewhere, there is so many of them - which I like!

M17TT - i think you forget the mentality of the average footballer. MOst have a porr education and have simply paid a game for the whole of their lives - in my experience, they mostly have a childish/teenager mentality and as such stupid games and mars bars will work a treat.

I like Allens little updates, we get hints that deals are forthcoming and we get an insight into his mentality. I dont doubt for a second that they aren't doctored a little, but to my mind they give a good rough impression. PLus, compared to the usual non-existent news we get in the summer - this is much much better.

lazzy - i think you have either mis-read my short post, or mis quoted.

I'm liking what he is doing, just get pissed off that people have to find something negative about what he is doing when it is the exact thing that we were asking for when MM was searching for a new manager.

Hypocrite warning...

Football is a simple game played largely by a majority of people with low IQ's. But I think all of them, from bright to dim, are easily motivated by competition and the gimmick of cheap treats & trinkets does work. I've seen similar at professional staff training days (eg people with university degrees). The manager hasn't had the best formal education either, that's obvious from his radio nterviews & written bulletins, but that doesn't particularly matter. Your dismissiveness of 'Janet & John' level literacy amongst players & managers shouldn't suprise you. Your hero (presumably) John Lennon once said of the masses that they were only interested in sex & tv 'and were still fuc*ing peasants as far I can see'. Perhaps you share the same views. It seems so.

Football is a simple game played largely by a majority of people with low IQ's. But I think all of them, from bright to dim, are easily motivated by competition and the gimmick of cheap treats & trinkets does work. I've seen similar at professional staff training days (eg people with university degrees). The manager hasn't had the best formal education either, that's obvious from his radio nterviews & written bulletins, but that doesn't particularly matter. Your dismissiveness of 'Janet & John' level literacy amongst players & managers shouldn't suprise you. Your hero (presumably) John Lennon once said of the masses that they were only interested in sex & tv 'and were still fuc*ing peasants as far I can see'. Perhaps you share the same views. It seems so.

You make me sound a right arrogant sod! I don't think like that at all, i was simply commenting on the blog like articles that Allen produces, im not that dismissive of everyone!

BAck to this feckless, pointless load of shite argument.

I didn't intend for it to turn into argument. I was just simply stating how i saw it, if it works fair enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669