most gut wrenching moment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

In all the years that i have followed our great team i rate Saturdays result as the most gut wrenching of all time - in recent years we have had to put up with some abject performances but after our defeat by the mighty Blackpool i feel like slitting me wrists - The Wolves game losing 4-3 after being 3-0 up along with Middlesboro match where we were 3-1 up in injury time only to draw 3-3 are among the most sickening but there are others - who remembers being 2-0 up at nine men Bolton only to finish up with a point - The result against Blackpool is probably made worse because I live here and alot of my mates are of coarse Blackpool fans who have been taking the urine since Saturday - I have canceled the local paper, not watched any football since, not even been on ceefax or the internet until today - I feel like a lost soul - please someone help me cheer up - tell me that things will improve - I had never been so confident of us winning and with mm and ma arriving at the Walkers i have been filled with great hope for the new season and beyond but after black Saturday I feel so so deflated - anyway I would like to know has anybody else felt this bad about losing a match and if so which one

I didnt really measure on the scale for me, I think I am numb to it all by now!!!!

Games that have left me feeling suicidal include:

Wycombe in the cup
Bolton at home when we lost 5 nil on the opening day
Tottenham in the cup final
All the play off finals we didnt win!
Losing at home to Rotherham a couple of years ago on boxing day

There are probably plenty more to be honest.

Personally I think losing 4-3 Swindon in the play off finals was the worst.

Renewing my season ticket each year always brings a tear to my eye.

Losing to Forest always hurts, especially around this neck of the woods.

Seeing MHS' face when he realised they'd sold out of pies away at Leeds.

Fulham away last season was ****ing painful.

Personally I think losing 4-3 Swindon in the play off finals was the worst.

Me too I think. Coming after Blackburn the year before, and after the comeback, it was possibly the worst I've felt after a match.

the last 3 years have been just so full of disappointment that none of them stand out - I expect to be disappointed.

5-0 at home on the opening day against bolton, the writing was on the fecking wall

5-0 opening day to Bolton it has to be, We'd done well the season before, tailed off badly at the end. Wasn't fearing relegation before the match and boom we got trounced on.

I was in the kop and I remember a full grown city fan being led off by police balling his eyes out. I almost followed suit.

when your feeling down, just remember ols stevie claridge, scoring the winner at wembly, or beating spurs 3-1 at home, for our first ever premiership win

losing to spurs in the coca cola

the swindon game

blackburn in our first play off final

wycombe in the fa quarters

losing to spurs in 1982?? fa cup after beating shrews 5-2

and proberbly 100 more, they all felt like the worse defeat straight after they happened just some stick in ya mind more.

Last edited:
Chelsea in the FA Cup was up there.

If there ever was a moment when I could've killed someone that would've been it........:mad::mad::mad::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

Fcuking fcuking Erland twating Johnnson. What a cnut. I still hope that bad things have happened to him since.

an amazing come back with not even enough players for a squad and 210 minutes of backs to the wall effort and then that cnut chucks himself about and that twat Reid says penalty. God I had forgotten about that until now. Now I am fcuking fuming again!!!!!!!

Renewing my season ticket each year always brings a tear to my eye.

Losing to Forest always hurts, especially around this neck of the woods.

Forest 2-2 on the back of admin was bad....when those cnuts got a 96th equaliser at the City Ground. Geniunely thought we was up the shitter then, people were laid off on the Friday

4-3 Swindon got me....

That game convinced to be a City fan and despite the rather lonesome coach home will always be my favourite City game.

Fcuking fcuking Erland twating Johnnson. What a cnut. I still hope that bad things have happened to him since.

an amazing come back with not even enough players for a squad and 210 minutes of backs to the wall effort and then that cnut chucks himself about and that twat Reid says penalty. God I had forgotten about that until now. Now I am fcuking fuming again!!!!!!!

:icon_eek::icon_redf

Sorry for bringing the bad memories back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566