most gut wrenching moment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Athletico Madrid at Filbo. Robbed by a bent referee and knowing that Leicesters chances of playing in Europe dont come around too often.

Athletico Madrid at Filbo. Robbed by a bent referee and knowing that Leicesters chances of playing in Europe dont come around too often.

This thread is just reminding me and winding me up!

I remember at full time they played that 'La Bamba' song over the PA. It lasted about 10 seconds before they realised they would have a riot on thier hands if they continued to play it.

the worst for me was the 3-0 defeay by Palace a few years back in a cup game.....

...... but this match also produced the funniest moment i can remember.....

the whole of the kop singing "you make me feel like dancing" to a fat steward who thought that Leo Sayer's barnet would make him look like a sexy stud!!!

:icon_bigg:icon_razz:icon_bigg:icon_razz:icon_bigg:icon_razz

Fcuking fcuking Erland twating Johnnson. What a cnut. I still hope that bad things have happened to him since.

an amazing come back with not even enough players for a squad and 210 minutes of backs to the wall effort and then that cnut chucks himself about and that twat Reid says penalty. God I had forgotten about that until now. Now I am fcuking fuming again!!!!!!!

Can't believe you brought that t**t's name up :018:

That match to me made me just angry for days rather than 'gut wrenching'. :mad:

1963 Cup Final against Man Utd losing 3-1 when a month before we had beaten them at Filbo, I definately thought it was our year to win it for the first time, I still dont know how we lost it, may have been overawed, nervous, I know we did'nt play well at all.
The only time time I have ever cried at a match and it still rankles.

'61 cup final defeat to Spurs. I was 8 years old and was absolutely convinced we would win. I was inconsolable and hate Spurs with a passsion to this day!

1963 Cup Final against Man Utd losing 3-1 when a month before we had beaten them at Filbo, I definately thought it was our year to win it for the first time, I still dont know how we lost it, may have been overawed, nervous, I know we did'nt play well at all.
The only time time I have ever cried at a match and it still rankles.

All 3 Cup Finals in the 60's are the most painful. The Man City one, being the last was the most distressing. Many more as well especially in the last 3 years.

Pitch related:-

Chelsea FA Cup (Or now known as Erland Twating Johnsen):icon_wink
Swindon 4-3
Middlesbrough 3-3
Bolton 5-0 (Looked like shitcreek from day 1)
Luton 2-0 last season (See above)
Dickov missed peno vs Man City (Knew we were ****ed)
Spurs 2-0 FA Cup 82

Off Pitch:-

La Manga 2 (Attack of the hookers)
Admin
O'Neill to Celtic

That, the 1982 FA Cup semi-final against Spurs, the Swindon play-off final and there was a game against West Ham at home where we were 3 - 0 up at half time and drew 3 - 3, oh and losing 5 - 0 at home to Villa in our last season in the Premier league and that's just the games I was at!

Sunderland at home last season. Seemed like the writing was on the wall at that point.

cried for days after the spurs final in the worthington cup, worst day of my life by far.

I cried...then took my anger out on two female Spurs fans who were in OUR end waving their bloody Spurs flag about.

Gave them what for just for being in our end to start with, then took their flag off them and told them to piss off back to their own lot.

One of them started gobbing off back at me but I think the look on my face stopped her before she said something really stupid.

They never got their flag back:biggrin:

I cried...then took my anger out on two female Spurs fans who were in OUR end waving their bloody Spurs flag about.

Gave them what for just for being in our end to start with, then took their flag off them and told them to piss off back to their own lot.

One of them started gobbing off back at me but I think the look on my face stopped her before she said something really stupid.

They never got their flag back:biggrin:

Hope you burnt it. We had Spurs fans near us on the day and they were some of the ones that started kicking off... wankers...

cried for days after the spurs final in the worthington cup, worst day of my life by far.
The final whistle of that game was the moment of my loudest ever outburst of swearing. I scared a few people near me and I maintain to this day it could be heard on the TV commentary. I then went and took it out on a plastic dustbin on the concourse, but that didn't make me feel much better either so I went home.

Bolton 5-0 was a horrible, sickening feeling - knowing all the wheels had indeed come off last season as we suspected, and that we were going down without a doubt. All that knowledge by half time in the first game of the season.

Atletico Madrid was a wierd one - it was the biggest rip off ever, but the best atmosphere I ever experienced at Filbo so I can't say it was a "worst moment".

With the benefit of hindsight, signing D***** W*** was a pretty ****ing low moment for our club...

Harlow away by far...... still not recovered fully yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669