Most Hated City Ex X1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Coatsworth scored two of the finest goals I have ever seen - the winner in a 3-2 victory away at Barnsley and a massive f**k off volley at Filbo against Luton (can't remember what the score was on that one, but I was so excited by the goal that I fell down the steps in Pen 4 and broke my ankle!). I also seem to remember he "crossed" the ball at Wembley for Walshie to head the equaliser in the Play Off Final against Derby. A typical Coatsworth cross it was too - from the half way line and went about 100 yards in the air.

He was, however, famously shite. But I liked him.

robfox said:
Gary Coatsworth scored two of the finest goals I have ever seen - the winner in a 3-2 victory away at Barnsley and a massive f**k off volley at Filbo against Luton (can't remember what the score was on that one, but I was so excited by the goal that I fell down the steps in Pen 4 and broke my ankle!). I also seem to remember he "crossed" the ball at Wembley for Walshie to head the equaliser in the Play Off Final against Derby. A typical Coatsworth cross it was too - from the half way line and went about 100 yards in the air.

we won 2-1.
likeably pants would be a fair description

i think dickov should be one of the most hated players. Although he may have been one of our better strikers over the last few years he is a trator. If anyone was at the portsmouth match ( last home game of prem season ) you may recall birchy asking the dick over the PA system, 'will you be with us next season?' and he replied by saying 'deffinatley'. Now when a man says that in front of 30000 supporters and then jumps ship at the first opportunity you have to hate him. I would of understood if it was to join sum1 like bolton or boro ( who i dont like ) who have ambition but blackburn, the team with the worst support in the prem and are probs gonna be relegated is beyond me.

Time to be controversial, Robbie Savage.
Before you jump on my back hear me out....
Yes he played well at times, yes I was greatful that he played for us. Now I can see him for what he really his, an overpaid, undertalented (is that a word?) contradicting,cry baby.
I'll only leave Leicester for Birmingham blah blah blah Birmingham are the biggest and best club I've ever played for, I'll sign an extension if Brum dont' get relegated blah blah blah Everton are the only club I'll leave Brum for.
On top of that when he gets sent off for Wales he threatens to take it all the way through the human courts. The saying "he who lives by the sword etc etc " comes to mind.
Robbie might just be surprised by the reaction he gets when Brum visit us next season (unless of course they get relegated!)

xsubmariner said:
Time to be controversial, Robbie Savage.
Before you jump on my back hear me out....
Yes he played well at times, yes I was greatful that he played for us. Now I can see him for what he really his, an overpaid, undertalented (is that a word?) contradicting,cry baby.
I'll only leave Leicester for Birmingham blah blah blah Birmingham are the biggest and best club I've ever played for, I'll sign an extension if Brum dont' get relegated blah blah blah Everton are the only club I'll leave Brum for.
On top of that when he gets sent off for Wales he threatens to take it all the way through the human courts. The saying "he who lives by the sword etc etc " comes to mind.
Robbie might just be surprised by the reaction he gets when Brum visit us next season (unless of course they get relegated!)

Agree with this, if only to a degree. When brum scored the second against us last year and he reeled away towards us in the east stand, kissing the brum badge, i was fooking enraged and it showed robbie for what he probably is, a typical sheep shagging taffy jones

MKFox said:
robfox said:

we won 2-1.
likeably pants would be a fair description

if i remember correctly coats had just returned from an injury lay-off and because of the nature of that great volley he was given a "random"drugs test!

You see a different side to him now, but think about it....

If he was still playing for us we'd love him again.

t'was bout a 35 yard screamer if i remember...greatest goal ever!! the boy doen good, even if he was playing in a squad that contained the defensive giants of messurs Hll, Willis and Carey!! Not forgetting the old legends such as Platenaur and Fitzpatrick!!

As for most hated, why not Prior? he jumped ship just because Walshy nailed his misses? i mean what can off excuse is that!!! Most players expected taht with walshy around, it was the done thing!!

How on earth Savage could end up on anyone's most hated City 11 is well beyond me and for those who have listed the likes of Scimeca, count yourselves lucky, my goodness I have seen players at Filbo' which make the likes of Priet, Scimeca, Brooker etc. look absolutely amazing..

Not picking on you East Anglia, you're just saying it as you see it which is fair play to you and probably in your life-time of support that motley crew are the worst you've paid to see.

East Anglia Fox said:
Am I really the only person who thinks James Sh*tcroft should be considered our most hated player. Doesn't anyone agree with my post on page 1?

Yes you are!

Most hated of all time!?!?!?! You have to be smoking crack!

alex said:
How on earth Savage could end up on anyone's most hated City 11 is well beyond me and for those who have listed the likes of Scimeca, count yourselves lucky, my goodness I have seen players at Filbo' which make the likes of Priet, Scimeca, Brooker etc. look absolutely amazing..

Not picking on you East Anglia, you're just saying it as you see it which is fair play to you and probably in your life-time of support that motley crew are the worst you've paid to see.

What??!! :?

Re: most hated

East Anglia Fox said:
My most hated XI:

Coyne

Scimica Curtis Priet Rogers

Scowcroft Wise Lewis Marshall

Connolly Akinbiyi

I can't think of any bad centeral defenders, so i've just put Priet in.

You haven't been watching Leicester for long have you?

Danny Coyne is a brilliant keeper, Curtis isn't a centre back(but was shite, I agree there), Rogers was only around during a promotion campaign when we had the BEST defence in the league! (Doesn't deserve to be hated) Priet, only played once...and wasn't that bad...why the hatred for him!

What did Scowcroft ever do to you...he is a good player that has just been played out of position for 3 years. Just because he isn't Figo, doesn't mean he isn't any good. Wise = Crap - I agree there, and the same for Lewis. Marshall never set the world alight but would be by no means hated!

Connolly is a Quality player who has not done too well because the way we play football, i.e. sailing it over his head hasn't suited him! Owen wouldn't score goals the way we have played...this to me is where your argument seriously falls down...but I'll let you have Akin-bad-buy!

Go and watch some old Leicester tapes :wink:

SilverFox said:
East Anglia Fox said:
My most hated XI:

Coyne

Connolly Akinbiyi

Danny Coyne is a brilliant keeper, Curtis isn't a centre back(but was shite, I agree there), Rogers was only around during a promotion campaign when we had the BEST defence in the league! (Doesn't deserve to be hated) Priet, only played once...and wasn't that bad...why the hatred for him!

What did Scowcroft ever do to you...he is a good player that has just been played out of position for 3 years. Just because he isn't Figo, doesn't mean he isn't any good. Wise = Crap - I agree there, and the same for Lewis. Marshall never set the world alight but would be by no means hated!

Connolly is a Quality player who has not done too well because the way we play football, i.e. sailing it over his head hasn't suited him! Owen wouldn't score goals the way we have played...this to me is where your argument seriously falls down...but I'll let you have Akin-bad-buy!

Oh dear... I really wish I'd never put what I have on this thread. :(

I hope this hasn't ruined my reputation for ever. I'd just like to say to everyone on this forum that I realise I was wrong and please dont now think of me as 'that 9 year old boy who hates James Scowcroft'.

Might I also add that I've been watching City since I was 7 and that DOESN'T mean I've only been watching them for 2 years!

I hope everyone will forgive me and give me a second chance and ignore what I've put on this thread except for this post.

East Anglia Fox said:
SilverFox said:
East Anglia Fox said:
My most hated XI:

Coyne

Connolly Akinbiyi

I hope this hasn't ruined my reputation for ever. I'd just like to say to everyone on this forum that I realise I was wrong and please dont now think of me as 'that 9 year old boy who hates James Scowcroft'.

Might I also add that I've been watching City since I was 7 and that DOESN'T mean I've only been watching them for 2 years!

I hope everyone will forgive me and give me a second chance and ignore what I've put on this thread except for this post.

As you are entitled to say what you like, you have nothing to apologise for :!:
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
rolleyes.gif
Except this apology of course.
rolleyes.gif

Steven said:
East Anglia Fox said:
SilverFox said:
East Anglia Fox said:
My most hated XI:

Coyne

Connolly Akinbiyi

unsure.gif
unsure.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

What?

East Anglia Fox said:
Steven said:
East Anglia Fox said:
SilverFox said:
East Anglia Fox said:
My most hated XI:

Coyne

Connolly Akinbiyi

unsure.gif
unsure.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

What?

This apology. :roll:

we all have different views and slants on things. OK, yours are 5hite, but no worries, steven sponsored Junior lewis!
only messing, it adds to the mix. :wink:

Steven said:
East Anglia Fox said:
Steven said:
East Anglia Fox said:
SilverFox said:
East Anglia Fox said:
My most hated XI:

Coyne

Connolly Akinbiyi

unsure.gif
unsure.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

What?

This apology. :roll:

Oh I see. Does that mean you forgive me then? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669