Most memorable comments during a City match or after it

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEN3

What are your favourite/funniest pieces of commentary that relate to City either during the game or comments made after it? How about the following for starters:

1) ' Oh yes, oh yes for the youngster' (Barry Davis after Joe Waters scores for City v QPR in the 1974 fa cup quarter final)

2) ' I don't think he can quite believe it' (Barry Davis after Joe Waters' second goal in the QPR game)

3) ' This could be.....the winner....it is! (Alan Parry after Steve Claridge scores against Palace in the play off final)

4) ' In the last minute of stoppage time, we went from heroes to zeros' (Mickey Adams after the 3-3 draw at Middlesborough)

"Walsh, Joachim a little bit of magic from him perhaps, Grayson in towards ORMONDROYD and Walsh has scored... Leicester city are in dreamland now because dreamland is what these Leicester fans regard the premiership as."

Can't remember the commentators name but it was after Walshies 2nd against Derby in the 1994 Play-Off final.
I still watch that video regularly and it still sends a shiver down my spine.

thats the man!
i wanna go back to 1994 and re live the last 11 years again

pds said:
thats the man!

including the Peter Taylor ear? and administration? and watching the dazzling skills of Junior Lewis?

lcfcrules said:
pds said:
thats the man!

including the Peter Taylor ear? and administration? and watching the dazzling skills of Junior Lewis?

yes i always been fond of peter taylors ear

In the Blackburn play-off final i recall Alan Parry was a little biased in his commentating by shouting "come on Leicester" in the last 10 minutes of that game.

chrislcfc18 said:
In the Blackburn play-off final i recall Alan Parry was a little biased in his commentating by shouting "come on Leicester" in the last 10 minutes of that game.

Can't remember that, but I know when Martin O'Neill was manager, Parry had a soft spot for us because he was good friends with O'Neill.
Parry was a director at Wycombe when O'Neill was in charge there - I think Parry may have been responsible for giving him the job.

webmaster said:
chrislcfc18 said:

Can't remember that, but I know when Martin O'Neill was manager, Parry had a soft spot for us because he was good friends with O'Neill.
Parry was a director at Wycombe when O'Neill was in charge there - I think Parry may have been responsible for giving him the job.

I think the reason Parry shouted "Come on Leicester" was because, at the time, the programme was called Central Sports Special or something like that so i guess they had to be slightly on the side of the midlands team.

I may sound a bit of a Statto here but i think it was just after Tommy Wright had shot over the bar towards the end that he said it. :roll:

Although it isnt commentary. I will always remember whilst walking out the ground from the FA Cup Charlton. Some copper on his horse said 'This way for trains to London' and then some City fan says 'We're already in London!' That was symbolic for it being a day where LCFC took over a small part of South London.

I remember a prophetic old guy saying to a middlesborough fan outside Wembley after Heskey's equaliser "oh well, you were 5 minutes for glory, it's all downhill from here for you lot".

Then they lost the replay, lost the FA cup final and were relegated for pulling the most expensive sicky in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669