Moto G mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an original Moto G and would definitely recommend them, though there is a new one due for release soon so you might want to wait. They are typically great specs for the price.

I've got one of the original Moto Gs from 2013. It was a very good phone for the £99 I paid for it, probably the best sub £200 phone at the time.

The newer models are an improvement, but others have caught up so they're not the bargain they used to be. Still a great phone for the money, I don't think you'd be disappointed with it.
You'll need a memory card to go with it though as it only has 8GB. 32GB Micro SD cards are available for around £10 now if you shop around.

Last edited:
I've got an original Moto G and would definitely recommend them, though there is a new one due for release soon so you might want to wait.

I'm on a budget so this model really appeals at the price.

I've got one of the original Moto Gs from 2013. It was a very good phone for the £99 I paid for it, probably the best sub £200 phone at the time.

The newer models are an improvement, but others have caught up so they're not the bargain they used to be. Still a great phone for the money, I don't think you'd be disappointed with it.

That settles it then. Thanks both.

Brilliant budget phone imo and a sturdy bit of kit as my original one has survived since release and had a fair few drops and spills but still fine. Screen also holds up really well as I've never had a screen protector and still not really scratch it despite some harsh times.

If you're on more of a budget though the Moto E is worth considering too as I got my parents one each and I think they compare to the original G very well albeit a little cheaper.

Both are easily unlocked extremely easily too from getting codes from eBay or similar for sub £2 so just go for the cheapest one you can find irrespective of what network you need.

Brilliant budget phone imo and a sturdy bit of kit as my original one has survived since release and had a fair few drops and spills but still fine. Screen also holds up really well as I've never had a screen protector and still not really scratch it despite some harsh times.

If you're on more of a budget though the Moto E is worth considering too as I got my parents one each and I think they compare to the original G very well albeit a little cheaper.

Both are easily unlocked extremely easily too from getting codes from eBay or similar for sub £2 so just go for the cheapest one you can find irrespective of what network you need.
Thanks Matt. My budget will stretch to the G luckily :)

Had the G and the G2014. The 2014 version was superb!

Had the G and the G2014. The 2014 version was superb!

I've had the Sim-Free 5" 4G Moto G since Sunday and I have to say it's ****ing superb so far. Battery life is incredible compared to my old Samsung S3. The only downside is that on 4G I can't always receive calls so have to fall back to 3G but that is a network issue in my area that according to various forums causes grief for many EE customers. The latest version of Android (Lollypop) has some great new features (and one or two sadly retired features) and overall the phone was well worth the £130 I paid.

I've had the Sim-Free 5" 4G Moto G since Sunday and I have to say it's ****ing superb so far. Battery life is incredible compared to my old Samsung S3. The only downside is that on 4G I can't always receive calls so have to fall back to 3G but that is a network issue in my area that according to various forums causes grief for many EE customers. The latest version of Android (Lollypop) has some great new features (and one or two sadly retired features) and overall the phone was well worth the £130 I paid.

Yeah, I got it as I wanted a dual sim phone as carting two phones everywhere was a pain. Work recently upgraded everyone to and I got the HTC One M8 dual sim - which is rubbish in comparison. Somehow HTC have built a phone without bothering to put any proper dual sim software on it. I would go back to the moto if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363