Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ton-trying-hijack-leicester-transfer-7107005?

Everton trying to hijack Leicester transfer swoop for Birmingham starlet Demarai Gray

The Goodison club are also ready to meet the teen forward's £3.7m asking price just hours after it seemed he had chosen to join the Foxes

Everton have made a late bid to beat Leicester to Demarai Gray.

The Toffees have watched the youngster extensively during the past 12 months and are ready to meet the £3.7million asking price for Birmingham City’s youngster.

Roberto Martinez’s scouts have given glowing reports of the forward’s progress at St Andrew’s and the two interested clubs are now scrapping it out for his services.

Gray, who was recently called into Gareth Southgate’s England Under-21 squad, was happy to remain at his home-town club and add to his development by playing games in the Championship.

But it now appears that he has decided the time is right to move on.

Liverpool, who did have first call on his services, do not appear to be interested in taking up the option.

Leicester appeared to have stolen a march on the competition and Gray could continue to live at home and commute to the East Midlands side – but Martinez is not out of the running.

Preferably options that are good enough for the Premier League now, which this lad isnt........yet

If there is any truth in the multitude of articles about them, our recruitment departments love in with the Sporting Lisbon sides over recent seasons is the most likely route to reinforcements.

Best mates down the right side were Arias (now PSV) and Carillo (waiting to be sold/signed/available for free in the summer) and Slimani (striker).

Unless Ranieri decides to take us in a different direction, I can see some/all of these here in the next few months. We've watched them routinely now for three years.

I'd prefer us to allow Steve Walsh to empty his little black book and sign a load of these long term targets in this window and the next. We're now very attractive to this level of player. The only stumbling block is if we think we actually can now attract an even higher calibre player.

Not a rumour, but I read the other day that Bony is apparently looking to move on from Man City as he wants more regular football.

A player worth us looking at? Could be a good improvement on Ulloa. Would it be a realistic option?

I'd prefer us to allow Steve Walsh to empty his little black book

What happened to those stories that Steve Walsh was on his way to Arsenal?

I would take Byram, looked like the only decent player in the entire Leeds side when I watched them the other week.

wouldnt be averse to De Jong. Class competitor for when we need 4-2-3-1
If Palace are in for Shelvey though id like to see us go for him. Young and the best passer of a ball ive seen at the KP in the past 12 months. Would keep Drinkwater on his toes.
Inler Benalouane Krameric out
Dragovic Pereira De Jong Shelvey in

plus a Striker - Slimani?

oh and i would regard Chilwell, Matt James and Schlupp as almost 'new signings' if we are talking about a fresh squad for the remaining 18 games....Not a bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669