Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need another striker option.

If Vardy +1 of either Okazaki/Ulloa isn't working/are knackered we can change it to AN Other+1 of Okazaki/Ulloa.

If we don't get an extra striker in then we are going to have to shoe-horn players to perform out of position which is madness with 15 cup finals to play don't you think?

As I said, they've done okay so far with the same options. We can also push Mahrez through the middle as we've done several times or play three in central midfield. We've added two players to the squad this window anyway that give us additional options in midfield and wide. Schlupp will be back soon as he also helps these options.

A striker would be good if they were outstanding and able to fit into our system alongside Vardy. But unless something happens from left field, that doesn't seem likely. I'd rather do nothing than get a body in for the sake of it. My view is get a top target in or don't bother.

We've only got 15 matches left and 20% of them will be over in less than a fortnight. Unless he's very special, whoever came in is unlikely to be anything more than unnecessary cover.

Musa or Remy would be a big addition i think.

Gayle I don't see the point other than squad numbers now Kramaric has left.

I think we'll get 2 in and 1 out today

I agree that a signing for the sake of it is not what we need here.
Hard to say whether Ahmed Musa would be an instant success as he doesnt have a knockout scoring record within a comparable league. He might take time . That said, Kramaric did have a great scoring record, but wasn't any good.
Berahino would have been a safer bet for goals but doesn't fit the bill in terms of team spirit for me, and Leicester don't do square pegs.
Gayle would be a good £2 or £3m squad player but hard to imagine him setting the world alight
As such, Remy remains the best stats based option for the lowest amount of money, so we should go for him. I can see him scoring 6 or 7 goals between now and the end of the year if played in and about Vardy.
The french defender/midfielder Chantome racked up 168 games for PSG from 2010 and so cant be any mug. He sounds like a good sub to have around should we suffer any injuries.
With Schlupp, Chilwell and James coming back into the squad in Feb we also have some young quality to call on should we pick up 4 or 5 injuries. God forbid
Added to that, Ulloa starts to play again when the sun comes out, so we'll have a 'new' player for March and April as we did last year.

There should be no pressure on this window!

I agree that a signing for the sake of it is not what we need here.
Hard to say whether Ahmed Musa would be an instant success as he doesnt have a knockout scoring record within a comparable league. He might take time . That said, Kramaric did have a great scoring record, but wasn't any good.
Berahino would have been a safer bet for goals but doesn't fit the bill in terms of team spirit for me, and Leicester don't do square pegs.
Gayle would be a good £2 or £3m squad player but hard to imagine him setting the world alight
As such, Remy remains the best stats based option for the lowest amount of money, so we should go for him. I can see him scoring 6 or 7 goals between now and the end of the year if played in and about Vardy.
The french defender/midfielder Chantome racked up 168 games for PSG from 2010 and so cant be any mug. He sounds like a good sub to have around should we suffer any injuries.
With Schlupp, Chilwell and James coming back into the squad in Feb we also have some young quality to call on should we pick up 4 or 5 injuries. God forbid
Added to that, Ulloa starts to play again when the sun comes out, so we'll have a 'new' player for March and April as we did last year.

There should be no pressure on this window!

Agree with all of that

I wouldn't mind Gayle - he's only 25 and quick so might be worthwhile if the price is right. I'd be surprised if we don't see one of our targets join today. Remy? I'm warming to the idea.. only one I wouldn't be that keen on is Berahino. Stupid money for a bad attitude.

SSN reporting we've cooled on Remy due to his wage demands. Main target is still Musa, Gayle backup.

LEICESTER LATEST

Sky Sports News HQ reporter Rob Dorsett is in position at Leicestertoday and he’s sent in an update on what might be happening at the King Power stadium today…

“Claudio Ranieri is here, and wants a striker. Ahmed Musa is the main target. CSKA Moscow want up to £23m for him, but with Leicester go that high?

“Dwight Gayle is on the list should that deal fall through, having missed out on Eder.

“Some loan deals could see some players go out. Gokhan Inler to Hamburg is on the cards.”

Sure I just heard on the radio Man Utd also interested in Musa?...

Shcoooop

Not heard the rumour before. If we've put in 4 bids we are clearly very keen on this one. Might as well just give them what they want and match the release clause to get the top target.

I suspect we'll go to the release clause - apparently now bid £20m so we aren't far off.

Shame if Inlee goes. Understandable but good to have in the squad

Young Liam off to MK?

Sadly wasn't able to make the step up like some of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669