Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely just gathering intel on a couple of our opponents we will be facing next season.

20-25 million. Is this some kind of piss take! Minimum of 50 million for Mahrez in today's market. I hope we can keep him for another season at a minimum.

20-25 million. Is this some kind of piss take! Minimum of 50 million for Mahrez in today's market. I hope we can keep him for another season at a minimum.

It's his dream to play for Barca so if they want him, he'll want to go. In this day and age, the player is in charge.

We could doubtless get closer to £40m for him from suitors in this country but if his heart is set on Barca and he demands this (alongside his four agents) we'll probably just have to get what we can from them.

I'd guess that much will depend on whether they sell Neymar or not.

We could doubtless get closer to £40m for him from suitors in this country but if his heart is set on Barca and he demands this (alongside his four agents) we'll probably just have to get what we can from them.
This is absolutely the case.

I really hope that this is paper or agent talk. If we can secure champions league football I would like to think Mahrez would want to stay for next season as that experience would be critical to his development rather than becoming a bit part squad player at a bigger club.

Although he may want to join Barca (and who could blame him), I can't see a snowball in hell's chance of him being sold for 20-25 million.

Madrid are gash, we would totally shit'em

Where the hell these newspapers are getting their figures from I do not know. £25 million wouldn't buy any top player from the PL let alone Mahrez. If Bale was bought for an alleged 80 million, then £25 million is an absolute joke for a player who can create, assist and score goals. I've seen more players on their arses as he has turned them inside out, and it's a joy to watch. Players with his ability set come along very very rarely, his value? Lets double 25 million just as a starting point, how high will it go that depends on how much these so called 'big' clubs want him and a bidding war at some point in the future could get very interesting. However not yet, I want to see him in a City shirt for a few more seasons.Being realistic if he continues with this form there is little doubt, the Barca's and the Real's will come knocking on Claudio door.

25 million! **** off. If it wernt bullshit a bidding war between those two would surely see that doubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757