Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have chosen to cross our fingers and toes , put our underpants on our heads and stick pencils up our nostrils, and shout blah blah blah in a very loud voice

Insane, but there you have it
Have we Blacksdder, have we really?

Where is the wibble?

My feeling about it is that we took a prudent approach to not being pressurised into over-spending during the window. Yep, it may backfire - but what the ****? We just came out of the transfer window not being forced into selling our best talent and that's a real mark of where we are now. And that's ****ing brilliant.

My feeling about it is that we took a prudent approach to not being pressurised into over-spending during the window. Yep, it may backfire - but what the ****? We just came out of the transfer window not being forced into selling our best talent and that's a real mark of where we are now. And that's ****ing brilliant.
Good point Maws.

I don't expect the likes of Musa to be any cheaper in the summer, if we qualify for the champions league, then other clubs will know we have the bumper premier league, and champions league money to spend. We would still have to meet his release clause I expect.

But then, if we do qualify then perhaps the club feel we could set our sights even higher, and would be better able to attract players.

Since there is no rush now, I would like to see us invite Robinho to train with us with the view to a potential deal. If he is fit he is the sort of player who could make a difference this season, and would be good to have around next season too.

Whilst I don't think we needed to add with any great urgency, I do wonder if, being top of the premier league, we might have missed out chance to attract the real star names.

If we do make the champions league spots, we are going to have to spend a lot of money in the summer just to keep up with the number of games we will play next season.

But, we kept a hold of our main squad, and, as Mawsley rightly says, that's the important bit when we have this team dynamic.

Yes, the main objective in this transfer window was to retain our best players.

We did need another striker but the Russians didn't want or need to sell and Remy would probably have been a disrupting factor because of his wage demands - Leicester don't pay Chelsea rates.

A couple of injuries and we will be a bit light.....but that's the nature of the game.

Whilst I don't think we needed to add with any great urgency, I do wonder if, being top of the premier league, we might have missed out chance to attract the real star names.
The popular belief is that our position is false and we will inevitably fall away, I am pleased we keep proving them wrong, but we are not yet seen as a 'top' club.

It would take at least 3 or 4 seasons at the top to improve our reputation sufficiently to be able to compete for the top players IMO (and that's not considering competing financially)

Shame we couldn't get that striker in but I wouldn't want us to rush and bring in any old fecker if the targets we want aren't obtainable. Remy can get stuffed for £90kpw

The popular belief is that our position is false and we will inevitably fall away, I am pleased we keep proving them wrong, but we are not yet seen as a 'top' club.

It would take at least 3 or 4 seasons at the top to improve our reputation sufficiently to be able to compete for the top players IMO (and that's not considering competing financially)

Appreciate that, but ultimately, signing for a club that might win the premier league this year and fall to 9th after is (I'd assume) significantly more interesting than signing for a club that is 8th every year.

If that Ronaldinho story is true then I'm the pope. Obviously just his tinpot agent trying to stir up some interest.

If only we could have kept hold of our top secret list of players that no other club knew about. :(

I am sure every club has a 'snitch' who tells other clubs, for a suitably full brown envelope, whose scouts have visited and who they were watching.

Ranieri was watching Roma - Real Madrid last night. I wonder which players he was putting on his wish list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566