Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T'was my thoughts about Vardy when we signed him. Saw him a bit in non league and despite him scoring loads he also seemed to average about 100 shots a game.
For £23m I would expect him to be nearer the finished article than Vardy was

If we can improve his final ball then we will be a horrible side to play against. Pace that will wreak havoc ladies and gentlemen.

If we can improve his final ball then we will be a horrible side to play against. Pace that will wreak havoc ladies and gentlemen.
Yer but Lako is gonna weep like a baby with him and Schlupo in the side.

Jeff Schlupp's on fire, our row z is terrified......

If we start working on this theory of value vs Vardy, we will never sign any players. Not every player we sign can be the worlds best bargain.
So let me get this straight. For £23m we shouldn't expect a player to be of a higher quality than Vardy was when he signed from Fleetwood?

Mad times

So let me get this straight. For £23m we shouldn't expect a player to be of a higher quality than Vardy was when he signed from Fleetwood?

Mad times

Whilst it was more of a general point, in this instance I'm also tempted to say yes. Musa is 3 years younger than Vardy was when he joined us. He is also joining at a higher level from day one.

There is a huge risk that we are going to spend a lot of money on players with excellent potential and then end up casting them aside because they haven't got what it takes in their first season.

I know it wasn't all to do with that, but look at Kramaric. He came from a smal team in Croatia, should his situation really have been so different from Vards?

Krameric was an international though, wasn't he? He may have come from a village team but had some pedigree.

Who said anything about them being x time the player based on cost?

I said a signing for £23m should be nearer the finished article of a player than Vardy was when we signed him.

He looks decent.
Nzonzi, Slimani, Musa, Luis Hernandez
All the right sort of targets in my opinion. European experience, a hard edge and pace. We need to remember we can look closer to home as well and not just into Europe.
Ensuring Chilwell, Gray and Schlupp are happy and progressing is important too. I'd be inclined to nick Nathan RedMond off Norwich and Cook off Bournemouth buyou I'm sure therell be a million rumours between now and August...

Looks like first signing of the summer is imminent.

Hannover's official website and twitter reporting we've signed Ron-Robert Zieler subject to a medical.

https://www.hannover96.de/aktuelles...gezogen-zieler-fuehrt-vertragsgespraeche.html

(Via google translate)

PULLED OPTION - ZIELER PERFORMS CONTRACT TALKS
Ron-Robert Zieler has exercised its option right enshrined in the Treaty and Hannover 96 informed that he will travel to the English champions Leicester City to perform there contract talks. In addition, the 27-year-old goalkeeper will complete the sports medical examinations in England.

Zieler-1000.jpg

"Wishes Ron all the best!"
96 managing director Martin Bader. "Us has always been aware that Ron will continue to play with his outstanding qualities in the 1. Division should extend his contract negotiations positive for him, we wish him further way all the best. Ron will always be welcome in Hannover. "

Looks like first signing of the summer is imminent.

Hannover's official website and twitter reporting we've signed Ron-Robert Zieler subject to a medical.

https://www.hannover96.de/aktuelles...gezogen-zieler-fuehrt-vertragsgespraeche.html

(Via google translate)

PULLED OPTION - ZIELER PERFORMS CONTRACT TALKS
Ron-Robert Zieler has exercised its option right enshrined in the Treaty and Hannover 96 informed that he will travel to the English champions Leicester City to perform there contract talks. In addition, the 27-year-old goalkeeper will complete the sports medical examinations in England.

Zieler-1000.jpg

"Wishes Ron all the best!"
96 managing director Martin Bader. "Us has always been aware that Ron will continue to play with his outstanding qualities in the 1. Division should extend his contract negotiations positive for him, we wish him further way all the best. Ron will always be welcome in Hannover. "
His name makes me want to sing "Ron-Robert, Ron-Robert, Run, Run, Run", to the tune of "Run Rabbit".

Is a good goalkeeper. Germany's 2nd choice keeper only behind Neuer when they won the World Cup 2 years ago. Seen a few reports on German twitter say the fee is only 3.5mil euros (£2.67mil) too.

Should give good competition to Kasper, or if nothing else, make us feel a lot more secure if Kasper gets injured/suspended than having Schwarzer as our back-up did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00