Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided we're ****ed.

Best player sold on deadline day.

Tough start led by a manager shit scared of big clubs.

Gone by November with no one at the club able to step in. Eventually spend a ****ing fortune on a big name chancer.

Money spunked all over the place in January by whoever we tossed money at to manage us.

Completely incongruent team for remainder of year. Vardy has hump and goes home.

Relegated. Massive wage bill. Thais in nick.

That's what I like about this pre-season period: the unbounded optimism of a virgin season offering great potential! :D:(o_O

Gone by November with no one at the club able to step in. Eventually spend a ****ing fortune on a big name chancer.

Money spunked all over the place in January by whoever we tossed money at to manage us.

Completely incongruent team for remainder of year. Vardy has hump and goes home.

I wish I were that optimistic.

Qualiteh

All very possible

Come on, we won't do all that again will we?

Sarr from Nice would be nice but looking at other interested clubs (eg Chelsea Barca), maybe not realistic, unless you count the "play every week" card

Take one earth shattering season out of the equation and my whole life has been spent supporting a team that has tended to offer stupendous levels of failure.

We're a million miles away from where we have been over the last 20 odd years and if it all goes tits up, then c'est la vie.

I still enjoy going to the game with my dad, brother and kids, so I don't tend to spend too much time worrying about it.

Do I think we need a creative midfielder? Yes.
Do I think we need a replacement winger, if Mahrez leaves? Yes.
Am I going to fret about it? No.
I have no control over it and therefore just try to enjoy it for what it is - watching a historically yo yo type team, who are currently at the higher end of a cycle. No doubt we'll go down again.

Que sera, sera.

Dismal shite recruitment again, same as last Summer really. Less than 2 weeks til kick off & no signings of much note leaving no time for any that do come in to get used to the place or get pre-season game time. Personally I don't think Shakey has the first clue what he's doing & considering the tough start it's all set up to be a ****ing shambles.

In other words Leicester.

Nowt much to see here apart from the depressingly ****ing familiar.

My guess is...no ****er wants to come here as they pretty much share my opinion.

Let's see about our recruitment - Maguire and Eldin seem solid signings based on last year. Iborra I'm not too aware of but he looks strong and driven though I haven't seen much of pre-season. Have we really been that poor?

Last season when Shakey took over, we had some strong performances. Counter attacking football suits our team well with Kasper in goal, defenders focusing on defending, our wingers and vardy upfront. I don't understand why everyone thinks we have to change style. We won the title playing this football and it suits us well.

With our squad and manager we are never going to outplay Arsenal or Man City, so why bother setting up to do so? Counter attack is the way we go imo.

In terms of signings, add a CB and one midfielder plus I haveyournachos will set us up strongly I hope.

I wished we signed Hernandez - West Ham have done well there!

Let's see about our recruitment - Maguire and Eldin seem solid signings based on last year. Iborra I'm not too aware of but he looks strong and driven though I haven't seen much of pre-season. Have we really been that poor?

Last season when Shakey took over, we had some strong performances. Counter attacking football suits our team well with Kasper in goal, defenders focusing on defending, our wingers and vardy upfront. I don't understand why everyone thinks we have to change style. We won the title playing this football and it suits us well.

You can look at our signings both ways. They are either an upgrade on their replacements (Zieler, Wasyl) or two players from a piss poor and relegated team. Iborra could be good but he's not much more than a reserve player from a second level Spanish side. Who knows whether they're smart signings or not?

However, a month without a signing and nothing like the level of strengthening and investment I was expecting (circa. £100m net) is what is starting to worry me. If now isn't the time to invest heavily, when is? When will we have the profits and increase in income to allow such an investment again?

Reflecting on our pre-season is also a matter of whether your glass is half full or half empty. It's better than last year in terms of much less zig-zagging across the globe, focus being all over the place and random massive contracts being handed to (in some cases) random personnel. However, there are also no indications from Shakespeare that he's done anything more than sit on a beach all summer congratulating himself on how lucky he's been. Our plan so far has been lazy, predictable and boring.

Shakespeare appears to me to be caught between two other people's plans. The Pearson ideology that 4-4-2 and a team spirit is all that's really required and the version of really quite complex counter-attacking football introduced by Ranieri.

The problem is that neither are Shakespeare. And nobody knows what Shakespeare is really all about. Including (I fear) him. He's just badly imitating his former superiors and I really cannot see how that ends well for anyone.

Not sure I agree about Ranieri's complex system, I think the system played itself once the right players (Kante, Vardy, Albrighton, Mahrez especially) played in the right positions.

Basically stuffed up last summer with dreadful signings and spraying out OTT contracts. Missed main chance to build on 15/16 success.

So far this summer, uninspiring signings and a sense that the owners may have lost some faith in the club.

2rggu2a.jpg

I think it is a bit soon for people to start parading their PhDs in Hindsight, with Honours in Pessimism.

Just because we did not sign a particular player does not mean we did not try, or that it is the Manager's or Club's fault.

Even the top 6 clubs do not always get the players they want, no matter how much money they have to spend.

I do not have a problem with Shakey steering a tactical style between Pearson and Ranieri, as we are still playing with most of that same team.

Our new players may turn out to be excellent and certainly seem to be upgrades on positions they will compete for.
Remember Mahrez was playing in the French second tier before he came to us and blossomed.

Possibly the main issue is the delayed arrival of Kelechi who could transform the way we play next season.

The problem is that as a club we have planned and executed appallingly.

Some people have done a shocking job and it's not really good enough.

A monumental opportunity has been fully spunked up the wall.

In fact it's worse, we've signed players not good enough for the level we aspire to and actually lost or will lose the best ones we already had.

Oh and we've sacked a title winning manager and hired 2 assistant managers.

I hope I'm proved wrong but I personally feel the club has been ran terribly for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669