Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would never ever do that, would we? It was not like anyone ever did that to young Jeffrey either, was it?

Correct, nobody needed to make anything up about young Jeffrey.

Actually. They are missing a player to link the play between one central defender and the other when stood 2 yards apart. Could do a job there.

What better way to replace Matic than with Kantes partner in crime.

We absolutely can't afford to lose Gray and Mahrez. Would be suicide.

Drinkwater reunited With Kante in a team that's playing good football is pure genius. They know each other's games inside out.

I reckon Mahrez, Gray and Drinks will stay.

ROLF LOLZ. ROLF ROLF ROLF ROLF. LFAMO

The link we had the other day with Elneny at Arsenal makes me think that this isn't nonsense. Why would we be enquiring about another central midfielder unless there was a chance one of the established ones was off?

As I think I said on the day Shakespeare was confirmed, any players of value to others will be pleading with their agents to get them out of the this festering corpse of a team. Some of them might just have given him a couple of weeks of training before deciding instead.

It'll be Vardy to Everton next.

Not sure what price would tempt me.

Probably the fact we'd have Kingy starting every week as we struggle to buy anyone would be reason enough not to sell.

Not sure what price would tempt me.

Probably the fact we'd have Kingy starting every week as we struggle to buy anyone would be reason enough not to sell.

Dont forget Matty James, who singlehandedly masterminded and then executed the whole great escape, and definitely isn't an injury prone Championship level player at best

I do not believe this for one second. Drinkwater has been completely average for the best part of 6 months. Why would a team like Chelsea be interested?

I do not believe this for one second. Drinkwater has been completely average for the best part of 6 months. Why would a team like Chelsea be interested?
I think they are signing every player in Europe.

Homegrown player count?

Drinky was our stand out player for the first few months of last season and was head and shoulders above the rest of the team, then seemed to get the hump and massively dropped off for the rest of the season.

I think he's a very good player and can understand why Chelsea would be interested in him as backup. But that's all he'd be there, and is that really what he wants?

Hopefully it's bollocks.

The rumours of Drinky and Gray, especially at this stage of pre-season, are concerning.

The link we had the other day with Elneny at Arsenal makes me think that this isn't nonsense. Why would we be enquiring about another central midfielder unless there was a chance one of the established ones was off?

Probably because they were mostly shit last season. Drinkwater included. I just can't believe Chelsea would be interested unless they're needing a strong league cup squad.

Meh

Just avoid a pre-season tour to the States in future and we'll be fine

A mishandled transfer 'policy' which has punctured the club since winning the PL. Having wasted undreamed of millions on the likes of Musa, Slimani and Mendy there is an idiotic intent to waste more millions on an OTT 'loan' deal involving a young player who has already got himself into a contractual mess. OK he's scored a few goals playing in a Man City side full of creativity - Musa would get a few in their team - we have no creativity except the guy who is desperate to get away.

Surely the owners have the business acumen to see that those handling their transfer dealings are way out of their depth. Stop it now before they completely stuff the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669