Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not all that keen on Deeney however, to the point about his fitness, we are least trying to get the deal done early, which means he'll have a whole pre-season with us hopefully to get back up to speed

This isn't a rumour at all, just something I've been thinking.

I'd like us to try to sign Ross Barkley. I doubt he'd want to come here, but it's, by all accounts, pretty well known that Everton would prefer him to leave. I can't see one of the big boys wanting him and, despite Everton reportedly initially wanting £50m for him, more recent reports suggest they'd be happy to take £35m or so. If we can't sign Sigurdsson, which does feel like a long shot at the moment, I think we should at least try to see if we can tempt him.

Feel free to mock, just thought I'd put it out there.

When both played regularly the records of Ulloa and Deeney are quite similar.

Ulloa scored 11 when used fully, Deeney scored 10 and 13.

In the championship?

This may be selective memory, but I thought I saw an interview with Deeney where he said he relished playing against Huth as he was a no-nonsense defender who would use force and every trick in the book, but that he always tried to give Huth as good as he got.
I think Deeney would be a great addition to our team.

This isn't a rumour at all, just something I've been thinking.

I'd like us to try to sign Ross Barkley. I doubt he'd want to come here, but it's, by all accounts, pretty well known that Everton would prefer him to leave. I can't see one of the big boys wanting him and, despite Everton reportedly initially wanting £50m for him, more recent reports suggest they'd be happy to take £35m or so. If we can't sign Sigurdsson, which does feel like a long shot at the moment, I think we should at least try to see if we can tempt him.

Feel free to mock, just thought I'd put it out there.

Barkley is massively overrated IMO the fact that Everton are not bothered by him speaks volumes

I agree, and if Rooney ends up going to Everton too time must be up for Barkley

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Everton gave him an ultimatum sign a new deal or we sell you he refused to sign, that's why he'll leave

Lots of people think that Barkley is super good. I don't myself, but hey ho.

If we were to get him, the people that think he's wonderful would surly think that we are a serious, dynamic, all happening, interesting football club too.

Maybe.

If we were to get him, the people that think he's wonderful would surly think that we are a serious, dynamic, all happening, interesting football club too.

Maybe.
I think he is a talented player that probably needs to move clubs to kick on, he got in a comfort zone at Everton.

The thing you need to think of is after Sigurdsson who is there for the no 10 spot that is available we could get?

Maybe.
This was also part of my thinking. Whether you rate him or not, he is a player with a name and reputation. It would be a good signing in terms of the message it sends out.
I think he is a talented player that probably needs to move clubs to kick on, he got in a comfort zone at Everton.

The thing you need to think of is after Sigurdsson who is there for the no 10 spot that is available we could get?
Exactly. Personally, I'd still rather have Sigurdsson, but I suggested him as the alternative, as I think he's the next best option.

As I said, he may not be interested, but there's no harm in trying.

Barkley will not happen unless we get his name to SuperScout so it can go on his list to Shakey.

Deeney is a weird one for me.

Makes me think Ihneacheo won't happen, or Slimani is going.

Can't see a £20m+ signing up front coming in as 4th choice (or us keeping a £35m signing from last year to be 4th choice

Exactly what I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469