Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well lets pay £15m for him then.

But I'd rather buy a player who will actually be good enough to play in the first team rather than cheerlead. As I said we have Wes for that.

I see that Tammy "not good enough for Leicester because he has a girl's name" Abraham has joined Swansea.

But honestly I'm happy we've signed Iborra. We need height and intelligence in the midfield and he seems to have both according to measurements and reports.

I see that Tammy "not good enough for Leicester because he has a girl's name" Abraham has joined Swansea.
Tap in Tammy wouldn't get in our team, he's gone to Swansea as they only have 1 striker so will play for them

Tap in Tammy wouldn't get in our team, he's gone to Swansea as they only have 1 striker so will play for them

I see he actually signed another contract with Chelsea and Swansea have taken him on a year's loan. Swansea sound desperate - they're going down.

...Sigurdsson will probably end up at Spurs which is unfortunate.

I can't see Sigurdsson going back to Spurs, he didn't really appear to settle there the first time around. His best football has been in his two spells at Swansea and in the Championship with Reading. I think if he goes anywhere it's likely to be Everton, he'll be advised that moving to Leicester would be a sideways one.

I read him described as Sevilla's Andy King. Usually a sub and a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none type. Also that he'd played virtually no part in their Europa Cup finals.

I'm hoping that's not fair and we're getting some genuine class and composure into the midfield.

Anyone actually seen much of him?

So would Iborra be the upgrade on Okazaki?

Would Okazaki start number 2 to Iborra, or Okazaki first half and Iborra second half?

So would Iborra be the upgrade on Okazaki?

Would Okazaki start number 2 to Iborra, or Okazaki first half and Iborra second half?

I'd suggest he'd be brought in with the intention of playing him in central midfield. We are seriously lacking quality there.

Drinkwater - should be in the England team according to one or two delusional fools, but to the rest of us he has been diabolical from October onwards.

N'Didi - very promising start but dropped off somewhat for the last two months of the season. Still very young so will be inconsistent. Will have a big part to play next season but can't see him starting every match.

Mendy - awful. Will probably leave.

King - no comments needed.

James - played a massive part in the great escape according to one or two delusional fools, but just not good enough at this level.

I'd suggest he'd be brought in with the intention of playing him in central midfield. We are seriously lacking quality there.

Drinkwater - should be in the England team according to one or two delusional fools, but to the rest of us he has been diabolical from October onwards.

N'Didi - very promising start but dropped off somewhat for the last two months of the season. Still very young so will be inconsistent. Will have a big part to play next season but can't see him starting every match.

Mendy - awful. Will probably leave.

King - no comments needed.

James - played a massive part in the great escape according to one or two delusional fools, but just not good enough at this level.

This delusional fool stated a couple of days ago that he thinks Iborra will be a replacement for Mendy who is coming over here to Bordeaux. So in effect he's a bench warmer who can be our "most important player" without wasting a space on the pitch.

I still say if you put Andy King in a 3 man midfield with the job of getting forward to support the strikers, the job he had when he was regularly scoring 10+ goals a season, he would be a valuable first team player for us, in a 442 , he's a good player to have around simply as he doesn't kick up a fuss when not playing and still nicks the odd goal

I think you're right, not every player in the squad can play every week, even as a substitute. Players who won't disrupt the squad but can make a contribution are pretty valuable

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

So does Okazaki still start in a 5 man midfield or is still behind the lone striker as 3-5-1-1?

I still say if you put Andy King in a 3 man midfield with the job of getting forward to support the strikers, the job he had when he was regularly scoring 10+ goals a season, he would be a valuable first team player for us, in a 442 , he's a good player to have around simply as he doesn't kick up a fuss when not playing and still nicks the odd goal
That was a) 7 years ago and b) in the Championship. I appreciate what King has done for the club but I want to considerably limit his time on the pitch this season

That was a) 7 years ago and b) in the Championship. I appreciate what King has done for the club but I want to considerably limit his time on the pitch this season
he didn't lose the ability he lost the freedom to do it, when Pearson came back me made him play a holding role.

when he is allowed to get forward he still makes the same runs, still has the same finishing ability and still scores quality and vital goals

Very well said CF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570