Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an unbelievably good bit of business. 3 times Europa League winning captain and organisational midfielder.
if we sell Mahrez and sign Gibson and Sigurdsson i'll be virtually beside myself with optimism

According to Sky, he's on the way to Leicester for his medical. Apparently personal details have not yet been finalised.

Vicente Iborra from Sevilla announced as a done deal by the BBC.
This would be an excellent acquisition in a place we are lacking some real quality options. Another CB, a striker and a replacement winger if Mahrez goes and we're sorted albeit for a couple of bench options.

Sigurdsson will probably end up at Spurs which is unfortunate.

I'm hoping he's the guy I think he is. Looked class on the ball against us, if so.

I read him described as Sevilla's Andy King. Usually a sub and a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none type. Also that he'd played virtually no part in their Europa Cup finals.

I'm hoping that's not fair and we're getting some genuine class and composure into the midfield.

Anyone actually seen much of him?

I read him described as Sevilla's Andy King. Usually a sub and a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none type. Also that he'd played virtually no part in their Europa Cup finals.

I'm hoping that's not fair and we're getting some genuine class and composure into the midfield.

Anyone actually seen much of him?
Nope. He just looked like a unit who was extremely comfortable on the ball, in the limited time I noticed him. It's a very small sample size that I'm working with here, but I remember thinking he would be a good option as "something different" to what we already have.

I know I'm maybe being a bit unfair on Mendy here, as he has struggled injuries, but he always looked very lightweight to me. I'm hoping this guy will be a bigger version of what we were hoping for - someone who helps us retain possession, but with more physical presence.

We also don't have to play people in every game. I'm a big fan of having different options and I'm hoping he can offer this.

I don't watch the Spanish league so have limited knowledge of the chap. Reckon I'll just assume he's shit and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Iborra sounds like a good signing to me.

Sevilla are a good team, and you don't stay there - particularly as captain - for that long without being a decent player.

I imagine he's coming in as a rotation option rather than immediate first choice. Can't see Ndidi not being first choice, and I think Iborra is more of a defensive mid so imagine it's Ndidi he'll be competing with, unless there's a change of system.

There are other qualities than pure football skills that influence a football team. If you watched Leicester last season, you should know

You mean you agree that Gray was City's most important player? :)

I hope that Morgan is our most important player next season in exactly the same way - sitting in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566