Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds are very rarely influenced by any 'inside' information, and even where inside information is available, it is rarely reliable as clubs, agents and players have agendas that are helped by fake news.

Clubs regularly leak news about fake deals being close to help with negotiations with genuine targets.

Agents and players fake interest to increase wage offers and prompt offers.

Journalists often get their information from genuine sources, but everyone involved is trying to manipulate each other.

In short, don't believe anything.

Odds are very rarely influenced by any 'inside' information, and even where inside information is available, it is rarely reliable as clubs, agents and players have agendas that are helped by fake news.

Clubs regularly leak news about fake deals being close to help with negotiations with genuine targets.

Agents and players fake interest to increase wage offers and prompt offers.

Journalists often get their information from genuine sources, but everyone involved is trying to manipulate each other.

In short, don't believe anything.

I agree with everything that you said above. However odds like managers to be and player signings have very small amounts placed on them so they are affected disproportionately by wagers unlike horse betting etc...

Because its of this type of market - it is usually a couple of hundred quid could move the market - mainly because someone willing to bet a couple of hundred on that type of market would mean they have inside knowledge which means they would change the odds. These type of markets are very vulnerable and bookies in general do not like taking money on them because there is always someone with knowledge before them. The also look at betting patterns and the area in which the money is coming from.

Reactions: FIF
I've just had a look back at that thread. Brilliant stuff. Starts off saying he's been to see Will Young....how embarrassing. Then throws in the tale of cracking one off on a bus....gurld

I've just had a look back at that thread. Brilliant stuff. Starts off saying he's been to see Will Young....how embarrassing. Then throws in the tale of cracking one off on a bus....gurld
Link?

We've lost some big hitters (****s) from here over the years.

Do we even have any female posters anymore,?

Not recently. Odd that the exodus started when wanking on the bus was frowned upon.

Yeah im sorry guys what a stupid post. Let me put it right.
According to the mercury we have made a £500000 bid for Coventrys George Thomas. Dont know why we would bother as Coventry are shit. He must therefore have been shit and not attracted any interest from Swansea Brighton and Newcastle.

Yupp. She left when Fif arrived.....

bitchy.

She actually stopped posting after I arrived and supposedly after putting me on ignore so perhaps it was one of your posts which pushed her over the top or maybe it was that she couldn't defend the shit she was watching any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566