Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane was a bit average when he came to us, but last season hecwas quite simply outstanding. I'm very surprised bigger Clubs aren't in for him

Compared to Jonny Evans he's a footballing god

Deeney, however, had a bobbins season - be well dsappointed if we spunk a load of dosh on him

Just been on the Leicester Mercury website - all the transfer news is on betting odds of potential transfers and movements in odds from day to the other. Seems a lazy way of reporting rumours and open to blatant advertising / promotions from betting companies. Seems even less reliable than agent talk

I remember when teletext was the source of such information and clubcall had the real know-how. "Mystery striker set to sign" - just call 0898.....

Personally, I've never got the fuss over Keane. I thought he was average when here on loan and I've never been overly impressed with him at Burnley. Smalling, Evans and Gibson are all at least as good options as far as I'm concerned.

In other news. the odds on us signing Deeney have dropped like a stone today (https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/troy-deeney/club-after-summer-transfer-window) amidst whispers of a swap deal for Slimani (who played for Silva at Lisbon).

Although I like Slimani a lot, I'd not be averse to that deal.

Oh, and apparently, we're signing some keeper from Newport (Mirror):

"Leicester are closing in on a £100,000 deal for young Newport keeper Rhys Davies. The teenage shot-stopper is in the academy team at League Two County. But Foxes scouts have been trailing him since April after rave reviews and are now poised to snap him up"
Keane may have been below par when with us, so was Harry Kane. He's really crap now!

BBC reporting that Everton winger Deulofeu being bought back by Barca for a few million. Might suggest that they do not think they need Mahrez with such a big price tag.

Half a mill bid for George Thomas at Chaventry . Local boy Wigston lad . Had a good season for them .

Half a mill bid for George Thomas at Chaventry . Local boy Wigston lad . Had a good season for them .

Is he worth half of Trevor Francis?

Apparently betting closed on Ihanachio deal, so i assume close , as does the Defrel deal, so it appears the 2 "big deals Siggardson and Gibson may drag on

Apparently betting closed on Ihanachio deal, so i assume close , as does the Defrel deal, so it appears the 2 "big deals Siggardson and Gibson may drag on
Betting not closed but hes gone from evens to 4/9 which looks very promising indeed. Papers suggesting he is going to Southampton at 20/1 with Bertrand going the other way .

Biggest waste of headlines around these days. Most of the time betting closed doesn't signify a sale and shortening of odds is due to a few bets put on by fools reading that the odds are shortening because of an imminet signing. It's a sham.

Biggest waste of headlines around these days. Most of the time betting closed doesn't signify a sale and shortening of odds is due to a few bets put on by fools reading that the odds are shortening because of an imminet signing. It's a sham.

Can you tell me how much money has to be placed on a bet to change the odds

Can you tell me how much money has to be placed on a bet to change the odds

Not a lot apparently - especially for transfers and new manager type odds. It was all explained to me by a bookie last year but I didn't bother to retain the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566