Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of favour, usually means not that good!

Not always, but in this case - definitely!

Avoid like the plague.

In the few Liverpool games I saw when he was playing he was by far their best defender.

I've been reading around and many Liverpool fans seem to agree with you.

A common remark seems to be that he looks clumsy/awkward, and from there the conclusion is reached that he's rubbish. However, as clumsy as he looks, he seems to be effective. His pass stats, for instance, are pretty darned good. He's a ball winner and looks to play out from the back. He seems to have been played left sided at Liverpool, which is not really what we're after, but it reads as though he's versatile across the back; either at centre back in a 4, or a fullback in a 3.

There's also been discipline concerns but that may be in the past (a young pro still learning the ropes) but well managed and respected, he may well flourish. Certainly a great many people saw a tremendous potential in him.

I think I'd take a punt. £18m is a helluva lot but we're in that era.... and with seemingly little else happening. ;)

Crazy how many people are turning their nose up at Sakho!

My worry with him is more attitude than talent. On ability alone, he's way above what we've got.

I'm not sure it would be a good signing based on fitting into the squad more than anything. If Ranieri and his team think they can manage that, I'd take him.

Whoever it is, he seemingly wants more money than we were willing to pay him.

Money grabing b'stard.

Am I hearing this right? Our substitute centre back is that great big lumbering oaf Wasilewski, yet people are turning their nose up at Sakho?

The world has gone mad.

Sadly, he's not good enough to be designated as terrible

I think you said something similar about Wes Morgan, you know before he was a key figure in our Premier League winning team.

Sakho would be ideal for us, strong, quick and composed. Get him in!

This is a no-brainer if true. He's far better than what we have and would be a brilliant signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669