Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Dull to annoyingly dull

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • crap

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robot Wars was fantastic. Johnathan Pearce makes the game more exciting, you can actually sense his enthusiasm for the game.

Motson is also good but in a different way, not sure how. he's always been there and has become a household name.

both good at their jobs. it doesn't really bother me who the commentator is to be honest.

I think Mostons commentary in this Italy game is the worst.
Can't finish a sentence without interrupting himself.

As for Mark Lawrenson
00000046.gif

Also the fact he cant say Toni without saying Toti first :icon_roll :icon_bigg

motty is a legend and his odd gauffaw make him all the better, a typical english bloke from the old school of commentary IMO.

Brauny Blue said:
You young uns just be thankful that you've never had to listen to Hugh John on star soccer.:biggrin:

Thanks abunch, my mind had mercifully blotted him out:icon_cry: However you have helped me make my mind up on casting my vote. Motty must be classed as great.:icon_razz

Motson and Lawrenson. :icon_sad:

I listened to it by changing the audio and listening to radio five commentary last night. It really is a thousand times better.

you are joking. Alan Green on his soap box?

To be honest, there is not one commentator I like, it's always a case of which one I dislike the least - sorry, but it's true.

I dislike Jonathan Pearce the least, I suppose and that's because even though he's talkin crap most of the time at least there is genuine enthusiasm there.

whatever; give me a channel that shows the games with no commentary, just the noise of the game.

with surroundsound

and terraces

ive got the game on with the radio 5 commentary at the mo, its much better.

I've changed my mind on McCarthy after tonights game. I liked him the other day. But now he is a stereotypical loud mouthed, big headed, opinionated, arrogant, know-it-all Yorkshire man (He sounds like one anyway).

Tosser

Last edited:
ive always thought he was a big mouth yorkshire tosser, far to bloody full of himself.

Melton Fox said:
I've changed my mind on McCarthy after tonights game. I liked him the other day. But now he is a stereotypical loud mouthed, big headed, opinionated, arrogant, know-it-all Yorkshire man (He sounds like one anyway).

Tosser

Couldn't agree more.

I really enjoyed Southgate's commentary on the England game.
Very good.

pds said:
I really enjoyed Southgate's commentary on the England game.
Very good.
Yep, changed my mind on Southgate too, he was bearable today. Apart from one ridiculous comment he made:

After 70 minutes (ish):

"England look tired, the pre match strain is making them tired"

Silly Kunt, they were just crap

Motty is not all that bad but he does tend to overdo the stats whilst commentating. I usually mute him and listen to five live commentary but as much as I like Alan Green some of his comments have pi**ed me off lately, he screams for Sven to bring on Hargreaves when everyone else dreads Hargreaves playing in an England shirt.

Jonathan Pearce is great imo he has much more passion than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669