Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try shutting down both AOL & IE, then in the bottom right hand corner next to your clock you should see an AOL icon, right click on that & select 'System Information' from the menu.
When it loads up, go to 'Utilities' on the left hand menu, click on the buttons for Clear current cache, Clear all footprints, then the 'open Internet Options control panel' button.
When that opens, click on the delete cookies button there. When that has completed click on the 'Security' tab at the top, make sure the security level slider isn't set too high, 'Medium-High' should be about right.

Then open up IE again & log in & make sure the 'Remember me' box is ticked.

If that fails, get Firefox installed!

I used to have problems logging in. I have AOL and i tried on I.E on my home pc but neither worked however it did work at work. I then downloaded Firefox after downloading Firefox i can safely say I have had no further problems.

I used to have problems logging in. I have AOL and i tried on I.E on my home pc but neither worked however it did work at work. I then downloaded Firefox after downloading Firefox i can safely say I have had no further problems.

:038:
Firefox is the way forward.

AOL causes problems with a lot of sites where you need to log in because of the way the IP address can constantly change. Usually the way to deal with this is to use a 'proper' browser rather than AOL's, but that doesn't explain why people have had problems with IE - unless they have the security set too high and it's not accepting cookies.

AOL causes problems with a lot of sites where you need to log in because of the way the IP address can constantly change. Usually the way to deal with this is to use a 'proper' browser rather than AOL's, but that doesn't explain why people have had problems with IE - unless they have the security set too high and it's not accepting cookies.

Agreed, horrible piece of software.
The Aol client uses IE's shell so it's always worthwhile flushing it out as well to make sure it isn't interfering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669