Mr. Sousa's signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of Waghorn who, may or may not be a Milan signing - but is a good one either way - and Abe, still to be proved; Sousa needed to freshen the squad but had no money (the others were signed before the takeover was completed). Vitor is still an unknown, Lamey is OK and Moussa & Crncic are, presumably, seen as prospects for the future.

Abe is the only 'real' signing to question, and he should be judged after a couple of months: he needs time to settle in to a new country and learning the language and quaint English customs.

With the exception of Waghorn who, may or may not be a Milan signing - but is a good one either way - and Abe, still to be proved; Sousa needed to freshen the squad but had no money (the others were signed before the takeover was completed). Vitor is still an unknown, Lamey is OK and Moussa & Crncic are, presumably, seen as prospects for the future.

Abe is the only 'real' signing to question, and he should be judged after a couple of months: he needs time to settle in to a new country and learning the language and quaint English customs.

I'm still cautiously hopeful that the Sousa signings will bed in and improve - they'll certainly need to. Playing in a team that is at best up and down formw*s*, doesn't help.

The bulk signing of foreigners with no experience of English (or even Scottish) football is a bit errr, foreign for LCFC - from memory the only direct comparisons are McGreedy's swoops for Corica, Kalac and Kaamark which produced two legends of various stripes - and Maddog who signed a few but none of them ever seemed to play.

Can't see Morrison keeping his place after that awful effort for the second QPR goal, so it's surely Vitor who is next for us to judge.

Is he?

Remind me what he has done since he has been back.

Not a lot but whilst not wishing to join the 'shoot the manager' brigade, he does seem to be playing wide on the right.

I have no doubt that Waghorn will prove to be a good buy in the medium and long term.

Now, where's that head on the block smilie?

Playing out wide still doesn't cover up that Waghorn was shockingly bad on Saturday.

His first touch was dreadful, controlled balls pinged off him in random directions. His passing was dreadful and the decent balls he did try to lay off were too predictable for QPR. Then he descended into petulance and I'm amazed he managed to stay on the pitch.

For me, his highlight was running into Oakley while Oakley was trying to get rid under pressure - resulting in us giving the ball away and the two having a right set-too.

As with all these things, you have to look to the manager to control it or change it and Sousa did SFA.

Was Waghorn really that bad? Crikey.

Is it just that he looks desperate to make good his price-tag do we think?

Was Waghorn really that bad? Crikey.

Is it just that he looks desperate to make good his price-tag do we think?

There's a lot of pressure on the lad; he's returned to what can only be described as a heroes welcome, and I'm guessing he doesn't want to disappoint. I don't think he looks match fit at the moment, but give it time and he'll be good again.

I hope.

Never mind the new signings - and Waghorn clearly should be playing in a central role either in a conventional 4-4-2 or off (not on!) the shoulders of a centre forward - much more important the club has now established a 'Fans Relations Management Centre'.

If the reality is as full of corporate bullshit speak as that article then I think I know the answer too.

If only it was just that. It all boils down to a cold calling campaign to drum up extra ticket sales ... and stunts like ringing up those who bought tickets for QPR and saying "Now if you bought a season ticket, you'd be guaranteed the same amount of fun 20 times over".

Swansea City fan here.

Dont hold your breath if your waiting for Mr Sousa's contacts,he hasnt got any.

The guy is all bluff.

I did post on here a while back, when he slithered off to your mob,and said "Be prepared to be bored" you'll either win 1-0 or draw 0-0.

I seem to remember one fan replying "Well that's promotion form then"

I wonder if he's feeling the same now?

Mind you,your only win was against C****ff, so thanks for that.

What can I say,thanks very much for taking the slime-ball.

And thanks to all the fans who said "Poor Swansea" when we appointed Buck Rodgers.

He has totally eradicated Sousa's 1-9-1 formation,and we are scoring and creating loads of chances again (well at least at home anyway)

And just to finish, if your talking contacts, and bringing in players of quality, and on the cheap,Scott Sinclair from Chelsea for £500,000 has to be the biggest steal since The Great Train Robbery.

All the best of luck for the rest of the season.

You're gonna need it!!

Sousa's 1-9-1 formation,and we are scoring and creating loads of chances again (well at least at home anyway)

1-9-1? I suppose it allows you to play more players than a 4-4-2 :icon_cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670