Muzzy at GTFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Frank Worthington goal is my favourite non-Leicester goal of all time.

Have you ever seen that goal Gourcuff scored for Bordeaux vs PSG a couple of seasons back?

Absolutely stunning.

[youtube]tkWkZTvTVD4[/youtube]

Last edited:
That Frank Worthington goal is my favourite non-Leicester goal of all time.

As a Leicester goal, there are a number of standout candidates. Collymore's hattrick, I loved all three. Then there is the cheeky goal (vs Northampton) in the cup involving a heskey backheel and Cottee finish??

Anyway, I'm going to go for David Lowe's goal to complete a 3-1 win over Tottenham when we were in the prem but rubbish. May have been our first league win of the season (was that the year we beat Arsenal 2-1 too)

We beat Northampton 4-0 in the FA Cup in the 97/98 season with Cottee scoring - can't remember the goal though. Got it in my head that was his first goal for us - could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Bergkamp goal against Newcastle

[YOUTUBE]WDMTNN0tmL0[/YOUTUBE]

It's much better than that Bergkamp goal. Bergkamp has one defender near him who doesn't even attempt to make a challenge or press and all he does is flick the ball round him without having to keep it in close control. The way Gourcuff dances in between the two defenders with the ball still in close control is incredible.

Last edited:
It's much better than that Bergkamp goal. Bergkamp has one defender near him who doesn't even attempt to make a challenge or press and all he does is flick the ball round him without having to keep it in close control. The way Gourcuff dances in between the two defenders with the ball still in close control is incredible.

I have to admit it looks sensational, but I can't help thinking that with his second touch he is trying to get his foot out of the way so the ball moves towards the goal and accidently drags it past the defender!

I have to admit it looks sensational, but I can't help thinking that with his second touch he is trying to get his foot out of the way so the ball moves towards the goal and accidently drags it past the defender!

It all looks like fully intentional and incredible technique to me.

Last edited:
For those who like counter-attacking goals, this one is a stunner too. When commentators say "playstation football" this is what they mean ;):

[YOUTUBE]qgn8xSpmtcM[/YOUTUBE]

The original ball in from the half way line was an indirect free kick. However you can see the ref half turn and move his signal in the direction of the linesman who was on his left

I don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00