My lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babylon said:
unless you know what tune it goes to you can't judge how good the song would be... soe of the best songs ever written have the worst lyrics that make no sense.

Lyricly though ricey i like your songs with more structure, mainly because it's easy to put my own tune to it when the words flow as they do in those.

Do you play any instruments?

No I don't play any instrutments, I was told I'm a natural on guitar but never followed it up.

I write lyrics to express me emotions and feelings, not to go with a tune.

I agree with the structured ones sounding better but if I made every song like that it would be very boring, so I like a bit of variety. Also most structered songs contain lines that ryhme, that also gets very tedious after awhile because only so many words ryhme with another. I'd sooner my songs expressed my emotions well rather then sound good.

"Monkey see, monkey do
Rather be dead than cool
Every line ends in ryhme
Less is more, love is blind"

Ricey said:

I'd sooner my songs expressed my emotions well rather then sound good.

Shouldn't these be in a different area and not a music section... as without music they are just poems. :wink: :D

Do you just write about very personal things or would you ever just do somethnig about, i don't know going to a concert for arguments sake?

We are essentially looking at poetry not lyrics.

I find the best music has lyrics that suit the mood created by the song and the surrounding sounds. Music is the expression of emotions through sounds and it certainly to do this without only using lyrics. Essentially words are just another instrument in the song.

trickytrev said:
We are essentially looking at poetry not lyrics.

I find the best music has lyrics that suit the mood created by the song and the surrounding sounds. Music is the expression of emotions through sounds and it certainly to do this without only using lyrics. Essentially words are just another instrument in the song.

I agree it is poetry, but in song format. I can't write music so I write lyrics, lyrics should always come secondary to music.

My favorite songs all feature lyrics that are heart felt and sincere, that's maybe why are write lyrics but I primarilly do it to sort my emotions out. I'm a very confused person and I need a way to compile my thoughts, doing this helps.

Babylon said:
Ricey said:

I'd sooner my songs expressed my emotions well rather then sound good.

Shouldn't these be in a different area and not a music section... as without music they are just poems. :wink: :D

Do you just write about very personal things or would you ever just do somethnig about, i don't know going to a concert for arguments sake?

I would do yes if it was a big deal to me, but I have a very dull eventless life so not many events inspire me enough to write about. I do however have a very active, emotional, creative and imaginitve mind so that tends to make me write about feelings more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263