My Summer Wish-List...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all well and good naming a list of players that would be good to see here...but do you honestly believe that any of the players mentioned want to come here?!

That's one of the reasons we are in this position in the first place as we can only purchase what we can attract!

These players are down here, and ok they may be shite, but that's all we have been able to attract for the last 3 seasons. It's clear that the majority aren't good enough but you cant blame them for coming here if we've shown interest in them.

As Newton mentioned above, now we've got Mandaric hopefully it will all change and we can start to buy a bit of quality

Last edited:
my wish is to to see the end of Kelly ASAP, and maybe just maybe we can get a manager in with a competant back up team, and who can attract these type of players to our club....

None of the above mentioned players would be on my wish list, as I would "wish" for much better, if that's the height of some people's "wishes" then Blimey O'Riley

However, I fear as long as Ron Welly is in charge, we won't even attract the players mentioned above, Kelly is ruining players, I can see it, some others can see it, the players certainly see it, lets hope MM can see it.

I hope MM doesn't make a similair mistake to the FA, that's employ a manager purely on "he gave 2 good interviews" as opposed to what is actually happening on the pitch

He will already have a replacement in mind and is just biding his time.

Billy Davies will be available soon

I think that the core of the current squad is, with the right management, preparation, and motivation, good enough to get us in a position to be challenging for promotion next year. I don't think we need huge great changes in the playing squad, as that will just create more problems than we already have.

What we need now is a concerted (sp?) effort until the end of the season. That, followed be a very rapid change in management early enough to have a positive impact on a very very very intensive pre season.

Fitness, fitness, fitness has got to be the main direction next season. We have had a very poor preparation this year, and this has manifested itself in too many ways. A few signings in the summer to add to the currnet squad, as well as a bit of a cull to get rid of the Hughes's and such like and we will be able to move forward.

However, despite the change in ownership this year, we are not going to be able to attract the sort of big name players, that we, as fans, are looking for. We have been a mediocre (at best) club going nowhere with bottom drawer managers, for too long, in order for us to attract top level palyers, we need to demonstrate that we are a club that is actually going somewhere (As shown by our frenzied acivity in the recent rransfer window).

I think that MMs target of 3 years to get promoted is a realistic one. Ours, as fans isn't, unfortunatley, the available players will see this and so we need to be realistic in our aspirations for the summer and next year.

i agree with most of what your sayin but i dont see why it needs to take 3 years i think if we could bring in a creative midfield force we would have plenty for promotion and maybe another striker to help hume out would help to the defence would be strong enough if we could score to relieve pressure and. i also thimk hume has done fantastic to score 14 goals(or 13) in a shit team and if we had another 14 goal striker we would be in the playoffs anyway. that said ur point about not attracted the right quality players completly blows my new midfield argument out the water

It doesn't matter who we bring in on the playing side of things, without a change in management, we are fecked. I still think that with the right sort of management and motivation, our current midfield could do what's needed IF, they all play in their correct positions. Maybe we do need to bring in a creative midfield playmaker, and that will make a lot of difference. The problem is, that with the current tw@t in charge she will probably play any new person at LB and put a defender in midfileld

TBH the current management could sign David Beckham and would only play him for the last 10 minutes of the game and would still play Stearman in midfield and then send him out on loan to MK Franchise after seeing him play for 8 mins. Meanwhile he has Rooney at the back, and Lennon in goal with Gerrard on the bench.

very true and very funny except the bit about our midfield being able to do the job the only midfielder worth his salt is levi and maybe wesolowski if he ever gets back what i know he had before balde broke his leg he was amazing in that friendly against celtic seen nothing since tho

Last edited:
Hazzman's Wishlist has been complete. It took hours of searching through my scouting notes to provide this team which would catapult the Foxes up the table.

Now I reckon if all goes well, then we will have a decent season next season, flirting with the outskirts of the playoffs and then the season after launching a bid for promotion.

Goalkeepers:
Henderson and Logan

Average Championship goalkeepers. Get rid of Rab for his excess wage. 2nd season should invest in a new keeper.

Right-Back:
Stearman and O'Connor (Donny)/Duffy (Pompey)/another reasonable lower division right-back.

No need for fireworks at right-back. Get rid of Kenton and Maybury who are at the same level as Stearman but their age means they are not a sellable asset. O'Connor impressed me on my recent visit to Donny but you dont need a great right-back for a great team, just a reasonable one, a decent young lad from League 1 or 2 would be good. To add, they would be a sellable asset in the future.

Centre-Backs:
Kisnorbo, Maculay, McCarthy and Stejanovic (Pompey)

We can say Kisnorbo is very good at CCC level, Maculay good and McCarthy average. McCarthy would be on his last chance, perform next season who cart him out. Stejanovic is average but good at CCC level plus he's versatile.

Left-Backs:
J.L.Samuel (Villa)

Wants to leave Villa, his ex-teammate Whittingham found pastures fine at Cardiff. I see no reason why he cant come here. Stejanovic can cover at left-back plus Sheehan in the wings for his annual one appearance every season.

Centre-Midfield:
Any 2 from Maher (Southend), Holland (Charlton, if relegated), Hughes (Pompey) and Kavaghan (Sunderland, if promoted)

He need a professional at centre-midfield who does the untidy work. Maher at Southend has impressed me this season, nothing incredible but gets the job done. Holland is a question mark would we want to come here, probably a season or two in the tank at this level. Hughes from Pompey, proven at this level, squad player at Pompey and Kavaghan is possibly a big if, never seems to fit at Premiership level but thrives at CCC level.

Wesolowski and Thompson (Bolton)

Wesolowski has potential and with age and a reptuation with International honours, a sellable asset. Johnson and Jarrett can both feck off when looking for a contract. Hughes, well he's Hughes. Thompson from Bolton's contract is up at the end of the season with Mandaric footing the wage bill, get him down here. He also cover at right midfield.

Right-Midfield:
Jarvis (Gillingham)

Courted by many a lower Premiership club. He's an impressive right-footer currently playing on the left for the Gills. His price is spoken of six figures, so nothing too overpriced. Thompson can also cover.

Left-Midfield:
Brunt (Wednesday)/Commons (Forest)/Cook (QPR) and Porter

Bit problemetic this position. I like 3 of the forementioned at other clubs but seems certain to have suitors at higher clubs. Also talking about millions to bring them here. Porter has been a decent shining light in a barren season.

Strikers
1 from Sheringham (W.Ham, if relegated) or Howard (Derby, if promoted)

Sheringham despite his age, his movement is superb and seems to be looking for a new club. Mandy has signed him before, so why not again. Howard would struggle with The Sheep at Premier level and is the kind of big, athletic targetman we are looking for.

Lower League Youngster (The many good strikers in League One)

You never have enough strikers at this level and a Varney, Porter etc. would be a welcome addition to us.

Hume, Fryatt and Horsfield.

All 3 have shown glimpses of good play. Hume, top goalscorer. Fryatt, enigmatic striker whose season has been blighted with injures, should become better and Horsfield, who I would keep here as back-up but not at too high of a price.

Saying all that, it's never going to happen in a million years. Kelly doesnt have the forevision, but I enjoyed playing fantasy manager.

You dont want much do you Hazza, and looks like you have a lot of time on your hands. Did you get the sack?

I want Simonsen, O'Brien, Mills, Stefanovic, Danns, Holland, B Hughes, JLoyd, Cook, Forssell, Sheri and Toddy.

Last edited:
What is the fecking point in signing Sherringham?? The old bastard can barely find the energy to do his boots up nowadays:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00