My Summer Wish-List...

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

Richard Wright or Stuart Taylor

Danny Mills, Andy O'Brien, Dejan Stefanovic, Paul Stalteri, J Lloyd Samuel

Lee Cook, Neil Danns, Danny Murphy, Zoltan Gera, Trevor Sinclair, Patrick Berger, Lee Hendrie

Antoine Sibierski, Malcolm Christie, Haidar Helguson

See who the manager is first............................and see whether we are still championship material because we have a awful lot of playing to do yet and personally I cant see us beating too many teams to keep us up after our last three attempts. :tumbleweed:

Nice weather, hot girls with low cut tops and short skirts, cool beer and a nice big ice cream.

Richard Wright, Stuart Taylor, J Lloyd Samuel, Lee Cook, Neil Danns, Zoltan Gera, Lee Hendrie, Malcolm Christie, Heidar Helguson.... These players are the right side of 30.

I'm sick of buying players with potential and nothing else. If we were to get the next great wonderkid who actually fulfilled their promise then I would be as happy as anyone but we never do. We bring through players like Stearman who will probably never be good enough to play at this or the top level and we buy players like Fryatt who bore you to a slow death whilst 'maybe' fulfilling their potential. I want to see players who have been there and done it. We're not going to get a Scholes or a Ronaldo but someone like Samuel at Villa has been there and done it in the top flight and we know he would do a good job for us. So what if Andy O'Brien or Stefanovic are over 30 - they have been there and done it and more than proved themselves better than the crap we currently have. The list of names were just some players I thought of the top of my head. I am sure we will not get many, if any of these but these are the type of players we should be looking at. Can anybody seriously say that we got the better deal in signing Mark Yeates when Stoke signed Lee Hendrie? I don't want to see Jarrett and Johnson in midfield next season. I want to see quality players. I'm not saying we should make the team an old-folks home like we had under Micky Adams but I am saying quality experience would be a good thing. How much better would Ian Hume be playing alongside a quality player who has proved he can score goals at our level and/or a higher level than playing alongside Elvis Hammond. I want to be excited by our players. I want to look at the subs bench and the players not playing and be excited to see them get on the pitch. Maybe it's just me but bringing on Cadamateri for Horsefield does nothing for me.

I was totally unaware that Helguson may want to leave London.... What makes you think he's want to leave Fulham?

........... but someone like Samuel at Villa has been there and done it in the top flight .............

been there and done what exactly, played in a mediocre side for a number of years?

.............. How much better would Ian Hume be playing alongside a quality player who has proved he can score goals at our level ............................

surely this is the horse?

been there and done what exactly, played in a mediocre side for a number of years?

They may be a mediocre side but they are a mediocre side in the lower to middle reaches of the Premiership. We are a sh!t side at the foot of the Championship - it is all relative.

1. Kelly to be sacked

2. Appoint Mike Newell

3. Get rid of half the current squad

4. Sign some midfiielders that have:
_____A. got some creative quality
_____B. got some balls, can tackle

5. Sign a young goalscorer

6. The city ground to burn down

These players are the right side of 30.

We have got to stop worrying about this "30" barrier. If we have a decent manager they will pick the right player whether they are 32, 33, 27 or 22. We won't have Micky Adams in charge.

1. A new manager.

2. A team of players (I don't care who they are, or how old, or where they come from), that can play together, that want to play together and want to be a part of this club.

3. A decent stab at promotion next year.

4. A picture of Maxine's tits.

Not necessarily in that order.

Leicestershire to win the Twenty20, prmotion in the county championship and England to get back to form in the tests.

Sorry...wrong forum :icon_wink

Richard Wright, Stuart Taylor, J Lloyd Samuel, Lee Cook, Neil Danns, Zoltan Gera, Lee Hendrie, Malcolm Christie, Heidar Helguson.... These players are the right side of 30.

And most of these are being chased by Premiership teams and the current top 8 of the Championship plus to boot have had injury probelms. Crock Christie anyone?!? or Here'go'me Wright

Last edited:
Certiantly not that wanker Lee Hendrie!

We have got to stop worrying about this "30" barrier. If we have a decent manager they will pick the right player whether they are 32, 33, 27 or 22. We won't have Micky Adams in charge.

I agree totally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670