NEIL SHIPPERLY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin

"It has been confirmed this evening (Friday) that Leicester have signed Neil Shipperly from Premiership outfit Crystal Palace on a short term deal, pending medical examinations. The fee is nominal and the club have called a press conference for tommorrow at midday. In which they are expected to confirm the transfer."

"A source close to the player believes it is an ideal opportunity to resurrect his faltering career."

I recieved this email from a source who wishes to remain anonomous for obvious reasons. But he is highly thought of at the club.

I believe this is a shock transfer an Shipperly doenst seem to fit into Leveins ideal age range. however the link up with Connolly from their Wimbeldon days on paper does look promising. this is very out of the blue and i am quite bewlidered in what Levein sees in the 30 year old. I remain unsure about this news but trust my sources. Do you think he should start in out next match??

I'll believe it when I see it. Hypothetically speaking, I think the more strikers we have at the club, the more competition and hopefully and put pressure on MDV, Moore, Connolly and others to score.

it has been confirmed on palace's website- palace world if you would like to check.:D i think it is a good signing:D

HAIL LEVEIN!!

Marvin said:
"It has been confirmed this evening (Friday) that Leicester have signed Neil Shipperly from Premiership outfit Crystal Palace on a short term deal, pending medical examinations. The fee is nominal and the club have called a press conference for tommorrow at midday. In which they are expected to confirm the transfer."

"A source close to the player believes it is an ideal opportunity to resurrect his faltering career."

I recieved this email from a source who wishes to remain anonomous for obvious reasons. But he is highly thought of at the club.

I believe this is a shock transfer an Shipperly doenst seem to fit into Leveins ideal age range. however the link up with Connolly from their Wimbeldon days on paper does look promising. this is very out of the blue and i am quite bewlidered in what Levein sees in the 30 year old. I remain unsure about this news but trust my sources. Do you think he should start in out next match??

This might have more credibility if you could spell his name right. :roll:

Marvin said:
it has been confirmed on palace's website- palace world if you would like to check.:D i think it is a good signing:D

HAIL LEVEIN!!

It hasn't as far as I can see...load of crap

It has- on Palace world. it is a subscription website of 15quid so unless u have paid u are unable to access these articles
;)

Marvin, you must understand our doubts, this forum has seen its fair share of pranksters all claiming to have inside info and contacts, posting all sorts of bullshit rumours.

i myself was intrigued by this article when i read it on another forum so i researched into various palace webistes and i have noticed a common trend in the rumours. here is an example from a forum from cpfc.org

Home | Chat | Forums | Gallery | Links | News | Predictions | Tables | Travel

Advanced Search
CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club »Transfer Hotline »Shipperley says final goodbye

Go to first unread post Last Thread Next Thread
Author Thread

Dowie 4eva

Shipperley says final goodbye
as im sure you are well aware of neil shipperleys departue to leicester this evening i would just like to say how sad i am to see him go as he has been a great servantr to the club. so out of repsect there is now his top 10 strikes for the Eagles on Palaceworld.com. please take a look and vote for your favourite.

many thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

19-03-2005 01:03 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Last Thread Next Thread

Post Quick Reply
Your Reply:
[check message length]

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:
Please select one: -------------------- Private Messages User Control Panel Who's Online Search Forums Forums Home -------------------- Crystal Palace Football Club-- Transfer Hotline-- Tickets, Travel & Fixture Information-- Memory Lane-- Away Fans End-- General Palace DiscussionOther Sport-- World of Football---- EURO 2004-- World of SportOff Topic-- General Chit Chat-- Chit Chat Gold-- Computers and Gaming-- Chocky's Soap, Celeb and Jokes DungeonBBS Forums-- BBS News, Help and Suggestions---- A place to test things out

Forum Rules:You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
code is ON

Disclaimer | Forum Rules | Support the BBS | Archives

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited

If it was on Palace World it would also be on the 'free' part of their website. The 'world' part of the PTV sites is for multimeida, videos, interviews, commentary etc, and not for breaking news stories.

But he was injured in the reserve game against Leicester earlier in the week - don't know how serious the injury is, but I suspect the following was written before then, although it was posted to CPFC.org on Thursday:

Neil Shipperley has revealed that he will be "gutted" if he misses out on the opportunity to face his former club Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

The 30-year-old striker is available for selection after struggling with a knee problem that ruled him out for the first half of the season, but has since found it hard to force his way back into the reckoning.

The play-off hero admitted that missing out on a return to Stamford Bridge, where he made his professional debut in a three-year spell, will be another disappointment in a season which hasn't gone as well as he had hoped.

Shipperley said: "I haven't played there for a few years, but Chelsea have played a big part in my football career so it would be a special game for me.

"It's just a personal thing, if I could get there it would be a nice game to be involved in."

"But the season has not gone as I planned. I got myself fit have but not been able to force my way in.

"I've played in total 40 minutes, the last time I played was at Manchester City and I can't really prove myself in 40 minutes."

Even if he doesn't feature, the former Wimbledon and Nottingham Forest striker will still go along and support his side and has backed the Eagles to get a surprise result.

Shipperley said: "We have to give Chelsea a lot of respect, not too much though, because it's not a fluke they're top of the league.

"But we're a tight unit and in a positive frame of mind at the moment, so I think we're capable of causing an upset and getting a point to surprise everyone."

Despite rarely featuring this campaign, Palace boss Iain Dowie was still keen to keep the frontman in the first team picture over the transfer window, as some clubs did enquire about Shipperley's services.

Shipperley admits that he will now wait until the end of the season before making a decision on his future.

But he still feels he can make an impact at Premiership level which he hopes to prove, if given the chance, in Palace's remaining nine games.

Shipperley added: "I still feel I can do a job at the club and have the ability to perform at this level.

"I hope to still play a part this season, so I've got to keep training hard and play well in the reserves, then hopefully I'll get a chance."

it has been confirmed on teletext now!! apparently 50k according to that artlicle! im very happy with this! he is a palyer wih great goalscoring instincts and pedigree!

Marvin said:
it has been confirmed on teletext now!! apparently 50k according to that artlicle! im very happy with this! he is a palyer wih great goalscoring instincts and pedigree!

Horse hockey. :roll:

Steven said:
Marvin said:

Hmm...does this poster remind you of anyone....

Leigh said:
Steven said:
Marvin said:

Hmm...does this poster remind you of anyone....

Cainy. :roll: :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670