Nejc Pecnik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammond Organ

Where do you think Howard, Hayles and Alnwick were born?

Howard - Nicaragua

Hayles - Ulan Baator Quoto in Mongolia

Alnwick - Brest in France (Alex, you should really go there...)

Stearman - Nigeria (I will prove it!!!)

Last edited:

DesertFox

When he was over here somebody asked my (pasty white) brother where he was from. He said Nigeria for a laugh and they replied: "oh, that's nice!"

Americans....

DesertFox

I haven't disputed any of that FFS!!!!

I'm saying I see similarities to the way the summer signings were made.
Melts could be onto something here actually...

The clubs agreed terms, then the players agreed terms, had medicals, and then were unveiled as "signings" - just like in the summer.

Striking similarities! Presumably we're now completely and utterly fecked...?

:icon_wink :icon_bigg

teblin

Ollie does seem to have a knack of getting players from smaller european nations.

Difference is this time is the players have been over on trial and we seem to be loaning them not giving them 3 year deals.

I hadn't heard of alot of the young player that wenger signs either but they do a job.

newtonfox

Ollie does seem to have a knack of getting players from smaller european nations.

Difference is this time is the players have been over on trial and we seem to be loaning them not giving them 3 year deals.

I hadn't heard of alot of the young player that wenger signs either but they do a job.
Agreed some of the player do trun out to be real stars just hope they do for us not had that type of player for what 8-9 years

Darth Vodka

All hail the Prince of Slovakia...

and indeed Slovenia

:)

let's hope he's the new Zlatko Zahovic

i'm going Ljubljana in a fwe weeks, will bring a few triallists back

LCFC 4 life

hope we sign him purely for the fact the mongies may have to use their collective imagination for this one and Zsolts. they only sing Huuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeee because of their slow functioning brains

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
All seems very similair to what happened in the summer to me.

Couldnt be further from it imo

Really?

Signing unkown foreign youngsters from oversees with a view to them moving the club forward.

I thought the similarity was an obvious one, must be just me then.

Ollie has masses of intelligence on the eastern european leagues and has proven his ability to spot a player from there. Where would we be now just with Busazky and Halmosi?

In contrast Mandaric had no idea what he was doing.

I haven't disputed any of that FFS!!!!

I'm saying I see similarities to the way the summer signings were made.

But one thing I will dispute, signing two players that turn out to be a reasonable success in the second tier, is not what I would describe as "masses of intelligence".

So whats the similarities? :102:

Intelligence is not a commodity.

'Signing unknown foreign youngsters' I assume is what you mean. They are unknown to you but not our manager. The signings made in the summer were unknown to everyone.

After further investigation by the match officials, it appears that Melton Fox was once again, absolutely fcuking spot on!!!!!!

City Fan

After further investigation by the match officials, it appears that Melton Fox was once again, absolutely fcuking spot on!!!!!!

How?

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
By signing unknown foreigners in bulk with a view to them being our saviours. We did it in the summer, it didn't work. We did it in the winter, it didn't work, as I was suggesting it wouldn't.

Read the thread if you're interested, it's all explained in there. It was around the time of signing the Magyars.

City Fan

By signing unknown foreigners in bulk with a view to them being our saviours. We did it in the summer, it didn't work. We did it in the winter, it didn't work, as I was suggesting it wouldn't.

Read the thread if you're interested, it's all explained in there. It was around the time of signing the Magyars.

Believe it or not, Pecnik is not the same person as Laczko or Bori. And I would hardly call signing two unknown foreigners in the winter as "in bulk".

And we're talking about two different managers.

Last edited:

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Believe it or not, Pecnik is not the same person as Laczko or Bori. And I would hardly call signing two unknown foreigners in the winter as "in bulk".
You will obviously not get the context of the discussion we had at the time due to the mood changing.

At the time, we had signed the two, we were looking at signing this other one, and we had people out there looking at more. But as I've said, the mood at the time of this discussion will now be lost.

I was well aware that these players were shite, otherwise they wouldn't be coming to play at Leicester City (not an exact science, but one I'm confident in). I saw exact comparisons to what Martin Allen was doing in the summer, but others didn't. I saw him panic buying on the cheap, and I saw it potentially failing, as it did.

I raised my point then, and when I'm told I'm wrong, I will eventually prove why I am right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669