Nessun Dorma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

A friend of mine was at the match and said it was great to hear Nessan Dorma again at the stadium.

If this is a regular slot, not a one-off, I thing it would be great as a pre-match anthem.

However my friend said that lots of people wanted to join in and sing but did not know the words.

Who do I email at the club to suggest they put a picture up of our greatest Italian fan, Andrea Bocelli, and also put the words on the screen as well?

Do others agree it would great to have it as a permanent pre-match anthem, like we used to have O Fortuna many years ago?

Do you really think people will sing along to this?

Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!
Tu pure, o, Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza,
guardi le stelle
che tremano d'amore
e di speranza.
Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me,
il nome mio nessun saprà!
No, no, sulla tua bocca lo dirò
quando la luce splenderà!
Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio
che ti fa mia!
(Il nome suo nessun saprà!...
e noi dovrem, ahime, morir!)
Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò!
vincerò, vincerò!

Tu pure, o, Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza,
guardi le stelle
che tremano d'amore
e di speranza.
che ti fa mia!
Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò!
vincerò, vincerò!
Would be fun.

Tu pure, o, Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza,
guardi le stelle
che tremano d'amore
e di speranza.
che ti fa mia!
Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò!
vincerò, vincerò!

Apparently they were trying to but most people only know the first line and the last line!

Tu pure, o, Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza,
guardi le stelle
che tremano d'amore
e di speranza.
che ti fa mia!
Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò!
vincerò, vincerò!
I do. I don't know the words, but I think I sound great :D

A friend of mine was at the match and said it was great to hear Nessan Dorma again at the stadium.

If this is a regular slot, not a one-off, I thing it would be great as a pre-match anthem.

However my friend said that lots of people wanted to join in and sing but did not know the words.

Do others agree it would great to have it as a permanent pre-match anthem, like we used to have O Fortuna many years ago?

I agree that it would be good to have this reminder of that wonderful day. It is very specific to the club What other club has had a performance from arguably the greatest singer in the world. I believe that if Tottenham had won the league they were intending to have Chas and Dave.

It is worth pointing out that if you go to the opera they do not like you singing along.

The club has not got a good musical history. They preferred "When You're Smiling" by the deplorable Jarvis Budd rather than the version by the late Mr Sinatra.

Indeed I hear rumours that even as I write the Gramophone Record Companies are pressing a Long Playing Record entitled "Jarvis Budd Sings Puccini".

I have to admit there is more passion in Nessan Dorma than the Post Horn Gallop. So if its a toss up between them Ill go with Nessan Dorma as our inspirational introduction on to the pitch sung of course by Bocelli after all he asked to be there on the greatest day in the clubs history.

I agree that it would be good to have this reminder of that wonderful day. It is very specific to the club What other club has had a performance from arguably the greatest singer in the world. I believe that if Tottenham had won the league they were intending to have Chas and Dave.

It is worth pointing out that if you go to the opera they do not like you singing along.

The club has not got a good musical history. They preferred "When You're Smiling" by the deplorable Jarvis Budd rather than the version by the late Mr Sinatra.

Indeed I hear rumours that even as I write the Gramophone Record Companies are pressing a Long Playing Record entitled "Jarvis Budd Sings Puccini".

Mr Gwilliam, I am so glad you have the same opinion of "Budd" that I do... its almost as bad as the time Mark Morrison was wheeled out.

I have to admit there is more passion in Nessan Dorma than the Post Horn Gallop. So if its a toss up between them Ill go with Nessan Dorma as our inspirational introduction on to the pitch sung of course by Bocelli after all he asked to be there on the greatest day in the clubs history.

Ey up, wait for it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469