Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Bring him on towards the end

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put him on the bench, if we are drawing/losing in the last 20/30 mins then bring him on...

TornadoShaunUK said:
Put him on the bench, if we are drawing/losing in the last 20/30 mins then bring him on...

I think if we're drawing or losing with 20-30 minutes to go I'd think twice about bringing him on. I'd rather bring him on if we're a couple of goals up, to give him a relatively gentle reintroduction to competitive football, rather than put pressure on him to change a game.

webmaster said:
I think if we're drawing or losing with 20-30 minutes to go I'd think twice about bringing him on. I'd rather bring him on if we're a couple of goals up, to give him a relatively gentle reintroduction to competitive football, rather than put pressure on him to change a game.

you have a point I guess. In that case I'd just be in favour of not using him at all.. we should be able to beat Trinadad & Tobago without him and I would expect us to do so.

If we are losing or drawing with 20 minutes to go, I'd bring all the fukkers off and send them home!!!!!

TornadoShaunUK said:
you have a point I guess. In that case I'd just be in favour of not using him at all.. we should be able to beat Trinadad & Tobago without him and I would expect us to do so.

But my point is it could be a good opportunity top give him some competitive action without too much pressure, I'd rather do it against T&T than against Sweden, if we need a result to finish top of the group.

Hopefully results will go our way tomorrow anyway, and we'll be guaranteed top place without worrying about the sweden match, then we can give some of the back-up players a game.

webmaster said:
But my point is it could be a good opportunity top give him some competitive action without too much pressure, I'd rather do it against T&T than against Sweden, if we need a result to finish top of the group.

Hopefully results will go our way tomorrow anyway, and we'll be guaranteed top place without worrying about the sweden match, then we can give some of the back-up players a game.

I dunno, in all probability this will probably be the easiest game we will face. But as they say no game is an easy game at this level so either way Rooney will probably be thrown in at the deep end at some point.. I think it would probably be best to give him more recovery time until the knockout stages.. having said that hes in full training now and seems over the worst of it already..

Owen has been in full training for ages, and he still seems to be a long way from full match fitness, so I think the more Rooney plays, the sooner he'll be at the level required for the later stages of the tournament.
I wouldn't like to throw him in for an important second round match having played no football at all.

throw him on in the last 10 mins.

I'd like to see Walcott and carrick given a run out too. Gerrard should come off after an hour if we're looking comfortable.

why risk rooney in a unimportant game :102: if we needed to beat trinidad & tobago to qualify and if we lost and we were out then yeh i could understand, but not for a game which doesn't have too much riding on it.

Last edited:
drummindefender said:
why risk rooney in a unimportant game :102:
:eek: Arrogance like that could cost us the World Cup. Slightly pretentious, but if this isn't an important game, I don't know what the fukk is

Melton Fox said:
:eek: Arrogance like that could cost us the World Cup. Slightly pretentious, but if this isn't an important game, I don't know what the fukk is

Too right. This is a fukkin' crucial game - if you think it's a walkover, then go and ask Sweden what they think

As long as he's not still crocked then he needs some proper football under his belt to get up to full match fitness. At least twenty minutes, if not a bit longer - and the same against the Swedes

We don't want him being half fit when/if we get to the next stage - we want him up to full match fitness

And we might just need him this afternoon.......

i reckon he'll come on at some point no matter what the score is. if he is fully recovered from his broken bone then he needs match practice before it starts to get too tricky. the next 3 games he should play an increasin amount of minutes. as long as we get that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566