New Addition....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueThru&Thru

To this site. Hi lads I have been looking on this site for sometime now but decided its finally time to join! (if thats ok?!?)
Thinking about it I dare say everybodys tucked up in bed now but still.
On the (supposed) 'new striker' topic everybody is wondering what type of player CL will bring in (if he does that is) but what type of player do you think he will go for? Experienced? Young/Point to prove?
I personally think CL should go for experienced proven goalscorer. Easier said then done granted but there must be someone currently not getting the first team football they expect/want?
Could Kevin Campbell, getting on I know, do a job for us at this level?
Or if he does decide to go young & unproven (again!) what about Rossi at Man Utd?
Worth a go surely.
Anyway, thanks for reading this thread and hope to have many a discussion with you lads in the near future. Thanks again.

Welcome matey.
Don't think Campbell or Rossi would join us to be honest.

Welcome Bt&t.
Don't think we could tempt many here at the mo. Not even Super stevie claridge if we gave him an open tab at Ladbrokes...

They always say a player should never return to play for a former club don't they, well we may be short of goals but thanks but no thanks steve!
Legend though!

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated.

BlueThru&Thru said:
Soory to be a pain but how do I get an avator (spelling again?) where my username is?

welcome along BT&T

to upload an avatar, click on "UserCP" at the top of the page, the "edit avatar" link is on the left hand side of the page under "Settings & Options"

Cl appears to be backtracking on the striker talk, dont hold out too much hope of getting oneone! I think he just said it on a spur of the moment type thing.

Welcome to the mad house BT&T, IMO Levein will be looking at bringing in alternatives, but only when he believes that the answer cannot be found within the current squad, be that in changing tactical emphasis, formation or partnerships to try and find the right attacking blend.

I think it is positive, that CL wants to work with the players to make them improve, after all he see's them day in day out, so he is far more aware of what they are capable of. I find it quite refreshing that CL doesnt want to "buy" his way out of trouble, as it sounds like there are finances available if he wanted to.

Also it is very early days in their Leicester City careers and what sort of message does it send out to the squad, especially when it contains so many youngsters, it goes against everything CL is working toward.

IMO Levein will re-assess in January when the transfer window opens, if at that point we are still struggling, then he may well look at bringing another striker in be it on loan or on a permanent deal.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Welcome to the mad house BT&T, IMO Levein will be looking at bringing in alternatives, but only when he believes that the answer cannot be found within the current squad, be that in changing tactical emphasis, formation or partnerships to try and find the right attacking blend.

I think it is positive, that CL wants to work with the players to make them improve, after all he see's them day in day out, so he is far more aware of what they are capable of. I find it quite refreshing that CL doesnt want to "buy" his way out of trouble, as it sounds like there are finances available if he wanted to.

Also it is very early days in their Leicester City careers and what sort of message does it send out to the squad, especially when it contains so many youngsters, it goes against everything CL is working toward.

IMO Levein will re-assess in January when the transfer window opens, if at that point we are still struggling, then he may well look at bringing another striker in be it on loan or on a permanent deal.

Nice post matey, totally agree!

Welcome BT&T me old badger, you should be ok on here matey no probs, that is unless you have a fetish for starting polls!

PFKAKTF FOX said:

Is Robbie Blake fit ? Is Nathan Ellington fit ? ;)

WELCOME BLUE THRU AND THRU!

Nice to have you here - hope you enjoy all that is talkingballs - watch out for the mods - they'll rob you with a fountain pen.

Joe_Fox - leading poster.

Joe_Fox said:
WELCOME BLUE THRU AND THRU!

Nice to have you here - hope you enjoy all that is talkingballs - watch out for the mods - they'll rob you with a fountain pen.

Joe_Fox - total cnut

Nice warm welcome there Joe ;)

I can remember somebody saying on here a while back (probably Hearts fan) about CL consistently concentrating on defending rather than attacking due to the fact he used to obviously be a defender.
I can believe this lads as buying McCarthy, Johanssen (?), gerrbrand etc he stated everytime that he had been 'looking at them for a while'.
But with Hammond it seemed a bit of a panic buy and the same with Hume as we had just had connolly whisked away by wigan and it seemed as if he felt he had to get someone else in fast.
Just my view on things too be honest.

The old saying goes "if you don't concede any goals, you don;t lose any games".

I agree that the Hume and Hammond purchases were panic buys, but CL must have had some idea what they were like. I don't think it was a case of eeeenie meeenie miney mo but I see what you are saying.

I think we should just trust CL.

Joe_Fox said:
The old saying goes "if you don't concede any goals, you don;t lose any games".

if you don't score any goals, you don't win any games

I don't believe Hume was a panic buy. He had been under observation and on a hit list for a while before we actually bought him. :icon_roll

BlueThru&Thru said:
To this site. Hi lads I have been looking on this site for sometime now but decided its finally time to join! (if thats ok?!?)
Thinking about it I dare say everybodys tucked up in bed now but still.
On the (supposed) 'new striker' topic everybody is wondering what type of player CL will bring in (if he does that is) but what type of player do you think he will go for? Experienced? Young/Point to prove?
I personally think CL should go for experienced proven goalscorer. Easier said then done granted but there must be someone currently not getting the first team football they expect/want?
Could Kevin Campbell, getting on I know, do a job for us at this level?
Or if he does decide to go young & unproven (again!) what about Rossi at Man Utd?
Worth a go surely.
Anyway, thanks for reading this thread and hope to have many a discussion with you lads in the near future. Thanks again.

Welcome.
welcome.gif
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675