New Addition....

Status
Not open for further replies.
xsubmariner said:
I don't believe Hume was a panic buy. He had been under observation and on a hit list for a while before we actually bought him. :icon_roll

Spot on xsub, I remember reading that CL had been looking at him when he was at Hearts and had been following his career ever since. On the Hammond signing I think he liked what he saw and had the money available so signed him, at the time I said, if he was sucessfull either the price would have gone up or Fulham would have had him back. o.k he hasn't exactly been banging them in, but he has only played 13 times for us. Conners took quite a while settle in last season (first goal after 10 games, I think) so Hammond and the rest of the team for that matter, have still got to find thier feet.

Naughty Fox said:
Spot on xsub, I remember reading that CL had been looking at him when he was at Hearts and had been following his career ever since. On the Hammond signing I think he liked what he saw and had the money available so signed him, at the time I said, if he was sucessfull either the price would have gone up or Fulham would have had him back. o.k he hasn't exactly been banging them in, but he has only played 13 times for us. Conners took quite a while settle in last season (first goal after 10 games, I think) so Hammond and the rest of the team for that matter, have still got to find thier feet.

Spot on, Naughty, Levein had been watching Hume for a couple of years, as for Hammond he had done well in his early matches. I think in both cases they just need to get a couple of goals each to set them on a run. Remember, Connolly had only notched 4 or 5 by the new year, yet 8 months later he is sold for 3 million and according to some all hope went with him, who's to say that Hume or Hammond wont hit a similar vein of form, paitence please.

Last edited:
I think your right about Hammond & Hume needing to find the net a few times and then hopefully the goals will start flowing.
I think I can see what CL seen in Hammond, a person who has genuine pace and obviously assumed that he could do a job in the championship against some (not so brilliant) defenders.
Can you remember Bobby Robson taking his England team (just before World cup 1990) to play someone like Aylesbury to score loads of goals basically to get confidence booming? probably what the likes of Hume and Hammond need! Bring on Blyth Spartans!
Although no offence to the lads but knowing our look we'll lose to a Graham Fenton goal!! I dead the thought!

Both Hammond and Hume have the necessary attributes to be very good strikers, they have genuine pace, the ability to take on and beat defenders, are fairly decent in the air, comfortable in possession. All they are lacking at the moment is confidence.

IMO CL made a key error in judgement in both cases, Hammond scored his first goal for the club against QPR, but then was left on the bench until the last 10 minutes in the following game against Burnley, Hume nets his first away vs Derby, following game he is on the bench vs Watford. This was a mistake both players confidence would have been high, they should have started the following games, they would have been flying, this would have given them the opportunity to go on a run. Strikers dont want resting, especially when they have netted, IMO both players lost impetus and therefore their confidence and form dipped as a consequence.

Also against Southampton I would have played the pair of them, as they had looked dangerous playing together against Derby, I think at present they are also both aware that whoever starts probably has an hour to score or they are off and replaced by the other, this will not help, it increases pressure and makes them more liable to snatch at chances. Competition is good but it needs to be channelled in the right way, IMO make Hume first choice and give him a sustained run in the side but the competition will come from knowing that if he does not produce in that run then Elvis will come in and be given an extended run. Then we will start to see an improvement in confidence and performance.

about loan players, I am always uneasy about them because they can take one of two attitudes.
1. Feck the club for sending me out on loan I am going to prove them wrong!
2. Feck everyone! I am here on a short break....

But saying that there must be a lot of good players, better than we have at the moment, who are just rotting in a reserve team. Where was Dickov before we signed him?

Boy Genius said:
about loan players, I am always uneasy about them because they can take one of two attitudes.
1. Feck the club for sending me out on loan I am going to prove them wrong!
2. Feck everyone! I am here on a short break....

But saying that there must be a lot of good players, better than we have at the moment, who are just rotting in a reserve team. Where was Dickov before we signed him?

rotting in a reserve team. ;)

we have to hope that at some point horsfield or a player of similar calibre gets sick of players like kanu who have never scored a great amount for their club being in the lineup ahead of him. the lad would score goals and smash heads of players who arent pulling their weight, priceless in my eyes that. hume and hammond are both players who look better coming on as subs, perhaps because they need time to settle, or perhaps they are in the same mould as solksjaer who would never score if he started a game but was amazing as a sub. the league is very level in terms of ability so for any team that is building for the future or has no money you have to hope to scrape into 6th for the end of the season.

Brauny Blue said:
You wouldn't. This forum is full of chest thumping red blooded males, and MK. Now if you wear a skirt thats different;) :icon_lol:

im a boy i wouldnt wear a skirt lol.

i get your point, i would welcome a girl wearing a skirt

Last edited:
It is fairly ironic that we are discussing whether Jessel has used his pole or should that be "poll", following the recent observations of his perversion for public voting !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
It is fairly ironic that we are discussing whether Jessel has used his pole or should that be "poll", following the recent observations of his perversion for public voting !
I do definately do not wish to see his pole on this forum, the polls were bad enough:078:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00