New away shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a game where everything has always changed, constantly, since the beginning of time, including many clubs’ kit colours, it’s very odd to complain about ‘tradition’ being disrespected by an away shirt. We’ve played in every colour imaginable, but now pink is a problem.

As for “girls colour”, well, if your masculinity is so fragile that you’re worried about your team playing in pink, I’ve got nothing for you.

Mental.

Tis the tone which puts me off. Light pink is up there with light green or mustard. I'll suffer enough eye bleeding next season with Norridge being back up.

Away kits in lifetime have included white, yellow, green, red, grey, gold, black and probably other colours. It’s not like we have a colour scheme.

In a game where everything has always changed, constantly, since the beginning of time, including many clubs’ kit colours, it’s very odd to complain about ‘tradition’ being disrespected by an away shirt. We’ve played in every colour imaginable, but now pink is a problem.

As for “girls colour”, well, if your masculinity is so fragile that you’re worried about your team playing in pink, I’ve got nothing for you.

Mental.
I’m not worried about anything, it’s a football forum discussing an away shirt that I think is hideous.

I’m neither homophobic and have complete indifference to this.

I’ve got nothing else for you I’m afraid.

It’s also pink, traditionally a girls colour.

It used to be regarded as a masculine colour. You know - heat! Action! Raaaaargh! The colour of raaaaaw meat.

I'd really really like it if it weren't for that Germany bit and the badge. Just plain pink.

Away kits in lifetime have included white, yellow, green, red, grey, gold, black and probably other colours. It’s not like we have a colour scheme.

In fairness, I didn't like us playing in red either and hope we don't go back to that anytime soon. I think the grey and black were also met with similar comments about not being "our" colours, but we've got used to them now.

To me, the gold was a variation on yellow which we've often used. I now see black as replacing yellow as our 3rd colour (behind blue and white).

But that for me is why I'm not keen on pink. I have no problem with the colour pink itself. But more than the colour, I think the design is disappointing when it's so clearly a template

Went into town today a lot of pink shirts about

Now that AliExpress has come over all coy about selling fake shirts, DHgate is the place to go. Perhaps appropriately, 'Thai quality' is often the way to find something indistinguishable from the real thing, as opposed to something that looked fine in a Turkish market after a day's drinking.

I'd rather have shit shirts and excellent performances, than have excellent shirts and shit performances. Hopefully we won't have the unfortunate combination of shit shirts and shit performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263