New BBC Sport Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

It's horrible!! It actually hurts my eyes to look at it. Whoever designed that clearly has no intention of using it.

It's horrible!! It actually hurts my eyes to look at it. Whoever designed that clearly has no intention of using it.

What a load of absolute shite, they managed to make the homepage worse, now this!

The whole of the new BBC website is complete and utter dogshit. Unreadable in places

Licence fee well spent........

Luddites are always resistant to change..................

3 column layout, news ticker, reduced masthead footprint, right rail accordion.

It's like they got a junior developer with no design eye to apply newer concepts.

It's bad, no two ways about it. Still relaunches are hard to judge until you give the site time to strip out the bad ideas and focus on the good ones.

Last edited:
It is terrible.

Just had a look here for championship top scorers, couldn't find the old list but did find the top 3 scorers buried in the middle column in between "Around the UK" and BBC programmes.

Last edited:
Most things are in more or less the same place, which is a good thing at least.

But everything's far too brightly coloured and the images are too big. They've tried to make it more visual, but now there is just far too much going on on the screen.

Still, no where near as bad as the new homepage. It was introduced a couple of months ago now and I still can't find my way around it properly and find all the things that I used to see on the homepage. Their old homepage gave you all the different areas (News, Sport, Entertainment, Technology, etc) and the top few stories in each... perfect for what I wanted it for (mainly looking for interesting, non-depressing news to read at lunch time). Now I can't find anywhere on their site that offers me all of that.

I filled out the customer survey for the new Sport page as soon as I saw it on the site.

Most things are in more or less the same place, which is a good thing at least.

But everything's far too brightly coloured and the images are too big. They've tried to make it more visual, but now there is just far too much going on on the screen.

Still, no where near as bad as the new homepage. It was introduced a couple of months ago now and I still can't find my way around it properly and find all the things that I used to see on the homepage. Their old homepage gave you all the different areas (News, Sport, Entertainment, Technology, etc) and the top few stories in each... perfect for what I wanted it for (mainly looking for interesting, non-depressing news to read at lunch time). Now I can't find anywhere on their site that offers me all of that.

I filled out the customer survey for the new Sport page as soon as I saw it on the site.

You know you can customise what you see on the main homepage don't you?

I'll have a look when I'm next on a non-phone browser. I'm sure you could do it a year or so ago, maybe it's changed.

A year ago it was the old homepage. It is the new homepage which requires both vertical and horizontal scrolling that it is under discussion. It's a horror.

A year ago it was the old homepage. It is the new homepage which requires both vertical and horizontal scrolling that it is under discussion. It's a horror.

Ah. To be honest I commented without looking. I only use the sports homepage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00