New Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? There's 1000's on auto trader? Its not like anyone couldn't drive past your house with it parked on the drive and read the number plate? If you put your reg into the DVLA website it will tell you what make model and engine your car has, so really anyone could access this information.

Also have you thought about getting one of those after warranties? I know someone who has it on his Saab 93 and pays about £300 a year (less than depreciation on most cars) and that covers most of the stuff that the normal 3 year one does.

I've looked at warranties yes and in general the cost is about as you state. Problem is nobody pays 100% of the claim over a set mileage which to me seems crazy.

Interesting choices, from Kia Ceed to merc's to porsches.
I drive a mazda 6 sport. It has a 2 ltr diesel, the latest 6 has a2.2 ltr diesel with three power band options.

Bloody nice car, colur, drive and plenty of "boys toys"

Interesting choices, from Kia Ceed to merc's to porsches.
I drive a mazda 6 sport. It has a 2 ltr diesel, the latest 6 has a2.2 ltr diesel with three power band options.

Bloody nice car, colur, drive and plenty of "boys toys"

Very nice but probably only worth 35% of what you paid for it after 3 years ownership.

If you are thinking 2 seater what about a Lotus?

Not keen on the Elise and the Exige is a bit OTT IMO.

It is a bit hard core for day to day I spose. Z4? (incidentally about the only BMW I would go for)

Last edited:
It is a bit hard core for day to day I spose. Z4? (incidentally about the only BMW I would go for)

I sat in one a while ago and couldnt get the seat low enough to see out of the windscreen, I was staring at the roof.

I know its possible because a mate whos taller than me has one but it kind of put me off.

I used to have an Elise and I agree it is a bit hardcore for everyday use, I guess it depends on what you use it for though. My 8 mile, B road drive to work was fantastic in it. It is without doubt the best car I've ever owned from a driving perspective and also provides lots of fun watching people get in and out of it who aren't used to doing so :icon_bigg

I sat in one a while ago and couldnt get the seat low enough to see out of the windscreen, I was staring at the roof.

I know its possible because a mate whos taller than me has one but it kind of put me off.

Hmmm sounds like I would have the same problem then. As well as the problem of the wife not letting me have a 2 seater!

I just think all 2 seat mercs are a bit.....girlie.

You sure?

13767-2004-Mercedes-Benz-SL55%20AMG.jpg

Admittedly the SL is more manly than the SLK but still just a bit limp wristed to me.

Just sold my first car, had it for 5 years and feeling a bit sad really.

What a TWAT.

Last edited:
The only reason im selling is because im off to OZ for a long period.

The guy got himself a great deal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669