New Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having said the above you are crazy to buy a new alfa. Focus RS if you want speed. 1 series is another option but I know you don't like BMW's anymore.

The RS isn't a serious option unless you're a chav. As for BMW, the 1 series with the boot us nice and weirdly BMWs appear cheap these days!!!

Can't look beyond the GT in the Alfa range. It's one seriously gorgeous car. Like you say though couldn't possibly buy a new AR. Like flushing 60% of the purchase price down the drain. Might consider a 6 month old GT though, just don't know if I have the stomach for the endless dealer visits :)

My dad's got a GT (the 3.2 V6) and he's not had a problem with it from a reliability standpoint. It does look amazing too. However, I find (and I think he agrees with me) that it's a bit dull to drive though. This is probably being extremely picky as I like nice cars and compared to some I've owned it just doesn't do anything really special. I'm not saying it's not nice to drive, just doesn't really excite too much.

My dad's got a GT (the 3.2 V6) and he's not had a problem with it from a reliability standpoint. It does look amazing too. However, I find (and I think he agrees with me) that it's a bit dull to drive though. This is probably being extremely picky as I like nice cars and compared to some I've owned it just doesn't do anything really special. I'm not saying it's not nice to drive, just doesn't really excite too much.

Im pretty much the same with my 156. Had very few problems in the 5+ years I have had it. I wouldn't agree with the excitement though, on a sunny day on a b road it can't be beat.

2011-Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta-Front-Side-View-588x391.jpg
Giulietta looks pretty good.

Im pretty much the same with my 156. Had very few problems in the 5+ years I have had it. I wouldn't agree with the excitement though, on a sunny day on a b road it can't be beat.

I guess it would depend on what else you've driven as to whether or not it can't be beaten. Like I said earlier, I'm probably being a bit picky.

Which one you going for?

Cee'd 1.6l diesel 5-door hatchback (I decided against the estate0 in mars red.

I've been driving a Nissan primera for the last 5 years, and wanted something a bit smaller, but still capable of carrying a family of five adults from time to time. I liked driving the Primera but its really difficult for manouvering in tight spaces (which I have to do a lot) because of poor visibility.

saw a de lorean on the m25 yesterday, thought about one of them?...

:icon_bigg I'm not stupid enough to post a photo of my car and reg online!

Why? There's 1000's on auto trader? Its not like anyone couldn't drive past your house with it parked on the drive and read the number plate? If you put your reg into the DVLA website it will tell you what make model and engine your car has, so really anyone could access this information.

Also have you thought about getting one of those after warranties? I know someone who has it on his Saab 93 and pays about £300 a year (less than depreciation on most cars) and that covers most of the stuff that the normal 3 year one does.

Get yourself a 911 that is a few years old, drive it for the summer having loads of fun doing so, then sell it later. If you buy right and look after it you can usually make a few grand later on.

A good 911 will cost £15K upwards but buy private. Lots out there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673