New Catering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I've no problem with what is served up. It's the speed that itisserved at that is the problem - and the fact they so frequently run out of things.

I can't say its been a problem for me. When the ground first opened and I sat in the east stand the wait was horrendous. But it got better.

I now sit in the Kop and almost never have to wait pre-match.

To be fair, in the outlets at SK3, I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to get served, the staff are (mostly) friendly and nearly always have a smile. My only complaint is that the burgers are sometimes kept in the hotbox for too long and the buns become hard. However, whenever this happens they always replace it with a friendly smile. So, in all honestly, I have no complaints.

I suspect that at half time when the world and his wife is wanting serving all at once that things might be different, but pre match I have no complaints. I don't bother at half time because I know there will be long queues that will take time to go down, that is the same at any and every event, lots of people all want serving in 15 minutes and as a result tempers get frayed. The staff are on a hiding to nowhere because there is no way they can serve that volume of people in that short a time.

Food? At football??? has the world gone mad?

To be fair, in the outlets at SK3, I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to get served, the staff are (mostly) friendly and nearly always have a smile. My only complaint is that the burgers are sometimes kept in the hotbox for too long and the buns become hard. However, whenever this happens they always replace it with a friendly smile. So, in all honestly, I have no complaints.

I suspect that at half time when the world and his wife is wanting serving all at once that things might be different, but pre match I have no complaints. I don't bother at half time because I know there will be long queues that will take time to go down, that is the same at any and every event, lots of people all want serving in 15 minutes and as a result tempers get frayed. The staff are on a hiding to nowhere because there is no way they can serve that volume of people in that short a time.

The catering manager could make life easier for them though by making sure they are adequately stocked with high output items and that their stations are kept filled, times I've had to wait when the poor guy has no crisps at his station and every time someone wants some he has to walk to the other end of the bar to get some.

I assume this means I will have to pay full price for things now!

The lady at kiosk near L1 has been charging for 1 beer when we have ordered 5 for the last few weeks. She must have known they were out of jobs at the end of the season, or maybe it's my good looks and charm. :icon_wink

Is this referring to corporate or match day kiosks?

They have done the corporate for some time, the LCFC staff were transferred to FMC as employers some time (couple of years?) ago

UPDATED
Just read the official site where LCFC/FMC are wanting kiosk staff, so they are obviously expanding what they do

Last edited:
I assume this means I will have to pay full price for things now!

The lady at kiosk near L1 has been charging for 1 beer when we have ordered 5 for the last few weeks. She must have known they were out of jobs at the end of the season, or maybe it's my good looks and charm. :icon_wink

Nah she knew they were out of jobs mate :icon_cool

The catering staff has always been rubbish, but it doesnt help when the people in front of you queue up for 10 minutes get to the front and then spend 5 minutes deciding what they want. It is the same as when you queue for the cash point. It seems like everyone in front of you has never used a cashpoint before

The worst is when you queue up behind someone who decides to do all of there personal banking over 5 different accounts at the cashpoint..

nigel1972 said:
The worst is when you queue up behind someone who decides to do all of there personal banking over 5 different accounts at the cashpoint..
Just what I was thinking.

Personal banking and financial products? At football??? has the world gone mad?

As long as they still serve Balti pies that are hot (not luke warm) then thats all that matters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669