New Computer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't remind me. Now three whole days without my broadband connection and they don't give a f**k!

I've not had a problem with them, yet, but I know someone who has had enormous issues. Whatever you do though, do NOT be tempted to switch to TalkTalk.

So you keep saying. Were you brutally raped by somebody that works for TalkTalk?

I would've much preferred this to what actually happened. Trying to get either service or sense out of that shower of bastards is an immensely frustrating and infuriating experience. They are - with the possible exception of any bank you care to name - the biggest bunch of lying ***** to ever do business in this country.

I would've much preferred this to what actually happened. Trying to get either service or sense out of that shower of bastards is an immensely frustrating and infuriating experience. They are - with the possible exception of any bank you care to name - the biggest bunch of lying ***** to ever do business in this country.

You speak in the present tense.
A couple of years ago their customer support was terrible, and they know it, mainly because of their rapid expansion. They were a victim of their own success. They had too many customers, too quickly and had no way of supporting them.
They have invested a serious amount of money and effort into reversing that though, it's a very different company to what is was then.

You speak in the present tense.
A couple of years ago their customer support was terrible, and they know it, mainly because of their rapid expansion. They were a victim of their own success. They had too many customers, too quickly and had no way of supporting them.
They have invested a serious amount of money and effort into reversing that though, it's a very different company to what is was then.

All I can tell you is that their broadband service, their billing system and their customer care team were nothing short of a bad joke as recently as February. It was like being in a parallel universe where everyone meant the exact opposite of what they said.

I've just tried that one twice, both times it said my speed is around 1.8Mb/s, which is way off.

I then ran the one at http://www.speedtest.net/ which gave me a speed of 5.2Mb/s, much closer to what it should be.

I just ran it and it gave me a speed of 43.62 Mb/s (which is about half of what it should be), whereas the frog gave me a speed of 878 kb/s which is nowhere near what it should be even on a bad day.

:icon_conf

I just ran it and it gave me a speed of 43.62 Mb/s (which is about half of what it should be), whereas the frog gave me a speed of 878 kb/s which is nowhere near what it should be even on a bad day.

:icon_conf

Youve got a 90Mb/s broadband connection?

There's a Facebook group for Selly Oak in Birmingham with over 1,200 members all complaining that their internet connection is almost non-existent.

Apparently Virgin media just don't want to know and when my friend said that Sky had been round and offered them a deal the Virgin media customer services just said "no they're not offering you that, they're liying you you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669