New deal for Joe Mattock

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
... lasts until end of 2009/10 season. Contract signed, sealed and delivered.

Last edited:
Mattock latest

From the OS. :icon_wink

0,,10274~3380469,00.jpg

Mattock Pens New Deal
Posted on Fri 09 Nov 2007

Leicester City were today given a major boost with the news that England Under-19 international Joe Mattock has signed a new three-year deal with the club, which will keep him at the Walkers Stadium until 2010.

The 17-year-old left-back made his debut as a substitute against Norwich last April, and has gone on to make 10 starts for the club. Mattock, who hails from Eyres Monsell, has progressed though the ranks at City since joining the club at a very early age. Last season, Mattock not only helped the Under-18s lift the FA Premier Academy League title, but played a part in the first-team's successful battle to beat the drop from the Championship.

He has to date represented England at Under-16, 17 and 19 levels - and is rated as one of the best prospects in the country, attracting interest from a number of other clubs.

But Mattock had no hesitation in putting pen-to-paper on a new contract at his hometown club and said: "I am delighted to have signed a new contract and my main aim now is to stay in the first team and help us get back to the top, which means playing in the Premier League.

"That is my ambition and I would love to do it with Leicester. During my time in the Academy I was always taught to keep my feet on the ground and not get above myself, and that's what I try to do. I also get a lot of help from my family, who are thrilled for me and give me great support."

Chairman Milan Mandaric added: "I am delighted that Joe has signed a new deal. He is a tremendous talent and we will continue to give him the support he needs to progress further. We will be right behind him all the way. Joe is a player with a big future."

Following Saturday's game against Burnley, Mattock will join up with the England Under-19 squad ahead of their friendly in Germany on Wednesday.
This game will act as preparation for the European Championship elite qualifying round next year.

Mediocre player shining amongst our shit.

Excellent news, let's hope the club gives him a proper learning curve from now on instead of continuing to dump him in an underperforming team for our moronic fanbase to jeer his every mistake. 17 years old and in time could well be a top class player.

Shows plenty of promise, here's hoping he fulfils his potential and doesn’t go backwards like others have done in recent times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669