New ex-players (and managers) thread

A couple of weeks ago, we hired Matt Elliott to play 5-a-side with us for my brother's stag do. I was half expecting him to turn up and maybe have a quick kick around with us for a few minutes, say hello to my brother, pose for some photographs and be on his way.

Not so. He got changed into a kit, showed us some warm-up games, played a 40-minute game with us (20-minute each way), and then showed us a shooting game called lightning. He posed for photos before and after the game. I thought that would definitely be his job done.

Wrong again. He joined us for a drink in the bar afterwards and talked to us about this season, his work in the media and his playing days. The worst player he's ever played with? Junior Lewis. The best player he's ever played against? Dennis Bergkamp.

We were heading off to Top Golf after the footy (20-minute drive away in the wrong direction). What did Matt do? He bloody well came along. Had another drink with us, chatted some more and ended up staying for another hour or two.

Always thought he was a great bloke, but he really made the day extra special for my brother. What a legend.

(We saw Dele Alli at Top Golf. I wasn't sure whether to break his legs or take a photo. Took a photo, and it turned out there was no need to break his legs - he got himself suspended for 3 games a couple of days later).

Bloody lovely stuff that, Spenno. Great to hear.

How the **** do you hire a Matt Elliot? I wouldn't know even where to begin. Can you stipulate the costume? Was touching allowed?

I love how Matty and a few others from that era are still around the place.

He sounds like a really decent chap and speaks with a rare degree of common sense in the media.

Waggy was woeful, good job Logan doesn't have to run, mind you Waggy has put on the pounds I really don't think its muscle. He wouldn't last five minuets in a good Championship side he was that bad.

Waggy was woeful, good job Logan doesn't have to run, mind you Waggy has put on the pounds I really don't think its muscle. He wouldn't last five minuets in a good Championship side he was that bad.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00